One more question

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Annihilator90

One more question

Post by Annihilator90 »

Is it possible to make a regex for /join #channel ? For example, I would like to prevent users from joining/creating a channel as soon as they join my network. That's for the prevention of clones too. How could I put it in my spamfilter for /join #abcd or /j #abcd command ?
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: One more question

Post by Stealth »

There is currently no way to do this, however, there is something you could try.

If you put R in set::modes-on-join, clones will not be able to create channels and have more than themselves in that channel. This would require a human to create channels and -R the channel when they create it.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

On second thought, I have just managed to produce a module that will do this for you (thanks w00t for the module I worked off of)

The module is located at http://www.x-tab.org/m_delayjoin.tar.gz
I only tested it as far as compiling it, so I don't know if it will work. It will deny joining channels until a user has been connected for 2 minutes.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Module has been tested, appears to work. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
Annihilator90

Post by Annihilator90 »

I haven't installed it yet but thanks for the reply. Will let you know later. :)
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I have uploaded a new version of the module, which has a fully configurable time and reason. Please read the comments at the beginning of the .c file for installation and configuration.