help to banned this bots

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
4mIRC

help to banned this bots

Post by 4mIRC »

hello all

how banned this bots

[09:43:44‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob6511 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:44‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob6868 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:46‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob4734 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:46‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob5662 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:48‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob5968 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:49‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob8186 ([email protected]) [clients]
[09:43:49‹pm›] : [N] : Client connecting on port 6667: Maktoob6140 ([email protected]) [clients]

and all have the same fullname was: Test

can any one help me ? i need the full command to type

thanks alot
Casper

Re: help to banned this bots

Post by Casper »

Use a BOPM, they're all in the commonly known dns blacklists, such as ProxyBL, Swiftbl and DroneBL.

You could also use a regex like: ^Maktoob[0-9]{4}![0-9]{5}@^

BE CAREFULL WITH THAT, I NEVER MADE REGEXES BEFORE. ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE SHOULD CHECK THIS SYNTAX BEFORE PUTTING IT ONTO A LIVE NET. USE IT WITH CAUSION.
Ex Network-Administrator
4mIRC

Post by 4mIRC »

thanks for the reply but i will not make it for now

i need to know if its working or not
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I think what 4mirc is getting at is they don't know how to ban people from his/her net. (which is an EXTREMELY bad thing!!)

If so, 4mirc you *really* should know IRC and how Unreal and your services package of choice works before making your network public.

What you need is a global GECOS ban or a global wildcarded nick based ban. In Anope it would be a sqline or a sgline. See Anope's built in help system (which ironically is why it's there) for syntax. If you don't use Anope, Use the built in help feature for your services package anyway to find out how, again .. that's why it's there. Surely you can read through /operserv help faster than the 2 days you've waited for someone to tell you here.
4mIRC

Post by 4mIRC »

thx katsklaw for the reply

i know operserv and rootserv commands

im asking about the command to add them in spamfilter

to add the nick and real name, and im using Auspice Services not anope

btw which powerfull anope or Auspice ?
Casper

Post by Casper »

katsklaw wrote:I think what 4mirc is getting at is they don't know how to ban people from his/her net. (which is an EXTREMELY bad thing!!
I totally didn't think about that option. I just assumed he did.

@4mirc: If you don't know how it works, I totally agree with Katsklaw. One more thing that tells me you have got no clue what you're doing, is by asking which one is more powerfull. Read references, read manuals, go to forums and check their support, etc.

Do your homework. Once you've done that, you can come back here with any question you would like to ask.
Ex Network-Administrator
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

more powerful is a matter of personal opinion, but auspice isn't being maintained and hasn't for a few years now if I'm not mistaken, Anope just released another stable version not too long ago. Personally I'd go for the one that's maintained, especially if i didn't know how to code services my self.

As far as oper/rootserv commands. Both sqline and sgline are Anope operserv cmds and both would fix your problem. If Auspice can't do that, then IMHO that's clue #1 as to which is better.
4mIRC

Post by 4mIRC »

hi again

i have my network to test play only with my friends only

to learn to know what is shell ircd services bla bla bla

but u know some kids like to play with flood bots

so thats why im here to see how to fix problems like that

anyway thanks for the help
Casper

Post by Casper »

In my first reply, I told you two options:

1) You come up with a regex (I gave you one as an example, and I'm still not sure it's a working one for you problem, which brings me to option two..)

2) BOPM. Add some blacklists in the config (as explained on the Wiki) and let it run. Almost 99% of your proxy/ddos/bots problems will be solved.

Good luck.
Ex Network-Administrator
4mIRC

Post by 4mIRC »

sorry for the delay

i answered u when u gave me the regex i said i will not do it because i need to know if its working or not

Code: Select all

BE CAREFULL WITH THAT, I NEVER MADE REGEXES BEFORE. ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE SHOULD CHECK THIS SYNTAX BEFORE PUTTING IT ONTO A LIVE NET. USE IT WITH CAUSION.
but thanks anyway BOPM Works now

sorry i late to answer
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

If you're unsure about the impact, and maybe just a general guideline for spamfilter (especially for the 'u' target):
You can add the spamfilter with action 'warn' instead of 'kill' or 'gline. With 'warn' you'll only see a warning about who matches the spamfilter (if you're ircop with +S snomask, that is), it will not impact the affected user in any way.