block IP range

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Unrealuser

block IP range

Post by Unrealuser »

Can I block IP range with spamfilter, for example this IP 222.169.230.218. is proxy from china and on my server I never have anyone from china so if I add this filter /spamfilter add u gline 1d Spam !*@222.*:* would it ban users with IP who starts with 222 ???
katsklaw

Re: block IP range

Post by katsklaw »

Just Z:Line the IP range instead, you'll use less resources. Since you don't have users from that block it wont matter.

For more info please see: http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... banipblock

Optionally, your services package may offer a SZLINE option, but it's more resource intensive than a hard coded Z:Line (ban ip block)

Z:Lines are better because they can not be removed from IRC, they are persistent across rehash/restart and connections are "zapped" before user registration (not to be confused with nick registration via services.)
Unrealuser

Post by Unrealuser »

I know for that katsklaw but thing is there is about 4 ircd linked and I have access to the shell on one only, and I'd like have it network wide koz some kids started playing in there with proxy ( hacking etc)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

So use /gzline instead then.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Unrealuser wrote:I know for that katsklaw but thing is there is about 4 ircd linked and I have access to the shell on one only, and I'd like have it network wide koz some kids started playing in there with proxy ( hacking etc)

This is the exact reason remote includes is such a wonderful tool. Additionally, the services SQLINE solution I gave you will also solve your problem without shell access.