Alternating Case

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
OMTRX

Alternating Case

Post by OMTRX »

Hi, its been a while since I last used the forums, seems my old account was lost.

I've been having a wave of bots recently using 8 characters of Upper and Lower case such as:
  • KnTgXaUk
    CtOvCbEy
    UlLhWrBy
    KkYwRuHg

I've tried numerous regex patterns to tackle them but it seems to just pick up literally everyone on the server (luckily I tested with "Warn"), I can't mess around much with this much people.

I have tried things like [A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z] and [A-Z][a-z]{4,8} etc.

Anyone ever come across this before and know of any solutions to tackle alternating case for 8 characters?

-- Harley
cards

Re: Alternating Case

Post by cards »

Whois the bots and get info on them. If they use the same naming characteristics, they are probably all the same type of bot, and you can gline by realname. Seems earily familiar to an issue we had. Hop onto irc.420-hightimes.com and ask ern or play4free2 what they did to remedy this.

Cards
NetAdmin
irc.420-HighTimes.com
OMTRX

Post by OMTRX »

They're all using random nicknames and realnames
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Try a regex such as:
^(?-i)[A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z][A-Z][a-z]!

Where (?-i) tells the regex library that from that point onwards in the regex, the regex is to be treated as case sensitive (as documented in UnrealIRCd's documentation in appendix A on regular expressions.)
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image