Server kicks all approx every hour

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
bjensen

Server kicks all approx every hour

Post by bjensen »

I am running a single server, current version of UnrealIRCd on Fedora Core 2 and using Anope (current version) services. My server starts just fine as do the services and all works wonderfully. However, after approx 1 hr the server kicks everyone with a [10053] Software caused connection abort. I have adjusted the ping times but it seems to have no effect and does this every hour. Can't seem to find anything in the logs, etc that point to a reason. I have checked memory and cpu usage near these times and found no issues. I have a static IP and all of the correct ports open on my firewall. Any ideas anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

Sounds like its a problem unrelated to UnrealIRCd?

Have you checked other firewall rules, maybe your router is timing out or dropping the connection etc
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I have seen this problem on Windows but never *nix.

On Windows, it does this because there are no more available sockets, and the last connection triggered closes all sockets for some reason. Perhaps you have the same problem?

The solution to the Windows problem was to find out how many connections you had before it happens. Subtract 5-10 from that number. Then, set the connection limit in the class blocks. Also remember that other servers and services linked to your IRCd also count as connections.

For example:
I had a windows server that could only have 55 connections, and the 56th connection would close everyones. Once I found that out, I set the max connections in the class to 50.

Hope this helps!