Ok this will sound stupid but please help me.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
vebome

Post by vebome »

JUNK? :shock:

That "Junk" is what should help you.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Please dont paste whole configuration files.
hi { describe $active says hi to $1- }
bye { describe $active says bye to $1- }
goodnight { describe $active says goodnight to $1- }
Welcome { describe $active welcomes $1- }
goodmorning { describe $active says goodmorning to $1- }
};
{ credits { echo -a Mike@Tech for helping me,FlyingRing1...without you we wouldnt have a

name.Thanks also for inspiring us, TheSoullessOne for his help and enthusiasm on this project,

All of the great people at unrealirc.com for the great server and helping me time and time

again, Everyone at different forums who helped me get what I needed and offered their support,

and to all of you---the chatters for supporting us.I thank everyone who has helped out in any

way.}
This isnt the place to put your mIRC script.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

The windows version has a built in editor that has a goto line function . or use wordpad as that has one as well .

The *@* bit isnt an email address its the hostname ie [email protected] . If that is in the line then I would only be able to log on from a script that has the ident me connecting from the ip address @anyisp.anyplace.com . The * is a wildcard so putting *@* lets you log in from anywhere . Dont confuse the use of the @ it does not signify an email address merely "AT" .

The password is so they get their op status .

your motd is put in the motd file you make and specify in the unreal.conf and its written in plain text although it will accept mirc colour codes .

I know its a huge seeming jigsaw but it does all fit into place .

Read the docs carefully and work on the config a section at a time . Trying to do the config in one go is going to be very hard without errors.

Keep going and we will get this server up yet :D
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

Ok but with their password...do they have to log in with that or put it in somewhere or.......
Dan
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

dantheman, you need to learn some basic forum etiquette. I deleted about 5 posts from you on this thread. Why? Because you posted 3-4 times in a row! SAY EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY IN ONE POST. There is NO reason to have 4 1 line posts instead of 1 4 line post. All you do is make it annoying for people to read.
-- codemastr
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

jeez codemstr. If Iam not Wanted here I will leave simple as that.I sometimes forget things and havetoput something else...Imsorry. I post things at different timesalso.It seems like Im not wantd here and if that is the case I will leave. Cool down a little you don'tneedto use caps.That is a basic rule in forumposting or anyposting etiquette!
Dan
codemastr

Post by codemastr »

jeez codemstr. If Iam not Wanted here I will leave simple as that.
No one said you aren't wanted here. All I said is follow the rules.
I sometimes forget things and havetoput something else...Imsorry. I post things at different timesalso.
Then click the "edit" button on your post, don't add another one.
Cool down a little you don'tneedto use caps.That is a basic rule in forumposting or anyposting etiquette!
Excuse me but, this isn't your forum. That means you don't set the rules and tell people what to do. And I did need to use caps because I had gotten tired of the way you were acting. If you don't like that well, that's not my problem.
-- codemastr
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

OkI didnt know about the edit thing...and itjust kinda meansyour yelling when you use caps but I understand you were tired of it.Ok. Now. Can anybody tell me where the line finder in word pad is please??
Dan
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

(Note:My space bar isnt working the best so there won't always be spaces.)Ok Im gonna put all my questions so far here for you.I am sure I will be adding more later.

1. Where is the built-in line finder in WordPad? I am running Windows XP Home Edition if that helps you any.
2. Is there a way to create like admin levels,with one having the least amount of tools 10 having the most? How would I do that?
3.Is there like a skeleton for a pop-up anybody could showme in which I would just have to plug in some stuff?
4. How do I create symbols for admins? Are there default symbols?
5. Is there a program out there that helps with making bots? Could you tell me where it is so that I can download it?
6. Is there a way to make it so that you must have a password to get to the editor from the chat?
7. How do I create a logging system that can log more than one room at once,and can I make it so that the bot automatically logs allof the rooms that it is in?
8. What type of bots would you recommend meusing?I have a vauge idea-1.) butler bot- a room bot
2.) Trivia bot-for the trivia room
3.) A gamebot ofsome type...
4.) A lobby bot
5.) SWATbot-handles all bans boots, klines, glines and zlinesetc.
9. Can someone explain how a kline zline and glinework? I think some ban in different ways...
10.How do I set it so that I can kline zline gline for 5mins 10mins 30mins 1hour 12 hours 24hours 7 days and 30 days???
Dan
codemastr

Post by codemastr »

1. Where is the built-in line finder in WordPad? I am running Windows XP Home Edition if that helps you any.
This is UnrealIRCd, not Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com for help with Microsoft products.
2. Is there a way to create like admin levels,with one having the least amount of tools 10 having the most? How would I do that?
No.
3.Is there like a skeleton for a pop-up anybody could showme in which I would just have to plug in some stuff?
This makes no sense.
4. How do I create symbols for admins? Are there default symbols?
No.
5. Is there a program out there that helps with making bots? Could you tell me where it is so that I can download it?
This is the UnrealIRCd support forum, not bot making forums.
6. Is there a way to make it so that you must have a password to get to the editor from the chat?
This makes no sense.
7. How do I create a logging system that can log more than one room at once,and can I make it so that the bot automatically logs allof the rooms that it is in?
This is unethical, and in some instances, illegal. You will not receive any help with it here.
8. What type of bots would you recommend meusing?I have a vauge idea-
This is an UnrealIRCd support forum, not a bot help forum.
9. Can someone explain how a kline zline and glinework? I think some ban in different ways...
I suggest you read the documentation.
10.How do I set it so that I can kline zline gline for 5mins 10mins 30mins 1hour 12 hours 24hours 7 days and 30 days???
I suggest you read the documentation.

Ok, now that you've managed to break just about *EVERY* rule we have, I think it's time to lock this thread.
-- codemastr