Linking to stats service

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Datsund

Linking to stats service

Post by Datsund »

Hello.

I have just installed solarstats, and the installation went OK. But before I can start using it, I need to add some lines into my IRCD config file so that unreal can link to the stats service.

Can I ask please, which file I need to edit and what lines I have to add in (and where)

Thankyou.
irc.impulsechat.com
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Just to be precise, in fact, it is the job of the stats server to link to Unreal, and not vice versa (as the documentation of SolarStats says). I'll be nice and show you examples, but next time please read the documentations more carefully, because generally we don't make configurations for people.

You need to change only the UnrealIRCd configuration files (you know, one or more of those *.conf files). So which file to edit? Well, it depends on which you want to. It's not an obvious question, since you can include config files in unrealircd.conf (the main config file). Usually most people put links settings and the set block only into unrealircd.conf, so that file is my guess. Anyway, what you have to do is two things:

1. Add a link block to the UnrealIRCd configuration. If, say, the name of your stats server is stats.networkname.com, this setting simply looks like this:

Code: Select all

link services.test.com
{
        username                *;
        hostname                *;
        bind-ip                 *;
        port                    *;
        hub                     *;
        password-connect        "password";
        password-receive        "password";
        class                   servers;
};
If you want, you can specify stricter rules for linking. The value of link::password-connect may be anything, because it won't be used by Unreal. Of course, link::password-receive must match the same password that you set in SolarStats. Further details are in the documentation of the link block (unreal32docs.html).

2. Put the name of the stats server into the ulines block:

Code: Select all

ulines {
    # ...;
    stats.networkname.com;
    # ...;
};
Additionally, there is a third setting, too, but it's optional. It's called set::stats-server. This is needed if you want your command aliases work on the pseudoclients of SolarStats. Set it to the name of your stats server (like stats.networkname.com).