/helpop information

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
White_Magic

/helpop information

Post by White_Magic »

um, is there a way to stop helpop notices being sent to ircops (rather than -h) some botnets are having fun flooding us via helpop, isnt there a way tostop them doing this??
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

First, thats funny... I knew it would be a matter of time before some genious stole my idea and did something like this...

There is an undocumented feature, it is an helpop ignore, I think its syntax is: /helpop ignore <nick>

If you don't want your opers to be set +h by default, you can have "-h" in set::modes-on-oper. Just remember that if you have any oper::usermodes to add it there as well. If you already have modes in these settings, add the -h to the end, and it will not affect the other modes.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

hm the spamfilter doesnt have an affect on the helpop or does the " notice " cover it?
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

There aren't any ways to spamfilter helpops... I once made a suggestion on the bug tracker, and it didn't gotoo well. The best choices you have are the ones in my previous post.
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

kucha wrote:2) try to disable that command in some way?
Probably can be done via module loading and unloading, although I haven't checked to see if a helpop module exists. If it does, search the forums to find out how this would be done.
RandomNumber

Post by RandomNumber »

http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=1410
Reference to the poll go vote if you havent