How to kick from server (not from channel)?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
pirulo2005

How to kick from server (not from channel)?

Post by pirulo2005 »

Hello, i think this could be the most stupid question anyone has made in here. But i think i am kind of confused!

I thought that the /Kick command would "kick" a nick out of the server. But now I realise the /Kick only "kicks" people from channels.
I am an oper in my server. How can i kick a nick form server?
And is it possible to kick someone from a channel if i am not a channel operator, but I am network admin?

Thanks in advance.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

If you did not know /kick only kicked people out of a channel, are you sure you are qualified to run an IRCd?

Running an IRCd requires knowledge of IRC's commands and protocols, and some basic networking knowledge. This is something you demonstrate you don't have.

I suggest you leave running Unreal up to someone who knows how :)
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

How can i kick a nick form server?
/kill <nick> <reason>
And is it possible to kick someone from a channel if i am not a channel operator, but I am network admin?
If you have the "can_override" flag set in your o-lines, then yes, this is possible.
pirulo2005

Post by pirulo2005 »

Ok, thank you!

Btw, i am confused with oper block again.
The flags I have configured are these:

Code: Select all

can_zline;
		can_gzline;
		can_gkline;
And my question is: How do opers kline somebody?
Thanks!
pirulo2005

Post by pirulo2005 »

Stealth wrote:If you did not know /kick only kicked people out of a channel, are you sure you are qualified to run an IRCd?

Running an IRCd requires knowledge of IRC's commands and protocols, and some basic networking knowledge. This is something you demonstrate you don't have.

Stealth, you really are making me laugh! LOL
I dont wanto to be a qualified IRCd runner, i was just being curious about functions. Are you a qualified IRCd runner? (is it called like that?).
Just see: You answered with 4 lines, no help at all. Darwin answered with 2 lines, ver helpful. See the difference?
I think you are not qualified to post in here! LOL

Bye!
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Stealth is an official supporter... And he's right.

Anyway:
/helpop ?kline
should answer your question.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

What stealth is referring to is the fact you obviously havent read the docs . If you had then you would of found the rather helpful sections that give you the commands and help you understand them . Hence you got the reply from stealth . As for him being qualified to run unreal well he's an official supporter so nuff said really .

We arent here to help people who wont help themselves .

If you cant find the answer in the docs included with the release or in the online FAQ then posting a question in here is a good idea .

Be thankful you got 4 lines from stealth and not the usual RTFM you would of recieved from most people.

Now the question about klines . It easy you use the /kline command . The docs will give you the correct syntax to use for it . As for your flags question . The flags again are explained in the docs .
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I dont wanto to be a qualified IRCd runner, i was just being curious about functions. Are you a qualified IRCd runner? (is it called like that?).
We all start from somewhere, but I think if you are going to run an IRCd open to the public, you should start learning more about IRC.
Be thankful you got 4 lines from stealth and not the usual RTFM you would of recieved from most people.
He is right. RTFM, I will even give you the link: http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIrcd/unreal32docs.html

This thread should be locked, but it would be a waste of my time.
kevr

Re:

Post by kevr »

Stealth wrote:If you did not know /kick only kicked people out of a channel, are you sure you are qualified to run an IRCd?

The best way to learn is to experiment. We have no clue whether or not OP runs an actual server or a server of his own, for his own purposes, or for his own experimentation. I suggest you leave this forum to someone with a better attitude.