Unreal Newbie , Few questions

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
dangu

Unreal Newbie , Few questions

Post by dangu »

A. How do i make this crap dissaper:
*** Notice -- Client connecting on port 55330: Amus- ([email protected]) [clients] [secure AES256-SHA]
*** Notice -- Client exiting: SaberWu|f (~[email protected]) [Quit: ]
Does that for every user connecting/dissconnecting, sux.
B.i can't seem to get the "can_override" flag to work , its in my conf and all but i still can't seem to invite myself into channels..

Tnx alot ppl. :D
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

/mode yournick +s -cF

To have can_override to work, you need to have Global or higher rank in your flags list.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Number one that "crap" is rather useful . if you dont want to see it then set your client to direct it to another window . It allows you to see the ip of a connect . If for example an idiot has connected and floods out your network then dcs . If you havent got that "crap" then how do you propose to gline the ip ? . You could /whowas the nick but when the server gives you the info its just a click away .
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

To put the notices silently in a new window in mIRC:

Code: Select all

ON ^*:SNOTICE:*:{
  if (o isin $usermode) {
    window -k0 @Notices
    aline -pi @notices - $+ $server $+ - $1-
  }
}
That is the basic version of a much more complicated one I use, but does the same thing :)
dangu

Tnx another question.

Post by dangu »

/mode yournick +s -cF <this works fine , problem is every time i quit and reconnect i have to do this over and over agian , no way to tell it to just save settings?
also another question , always when i quit and connect and join channels i always get this strange stuff:
mode: (admin) sets (+p-s+o admin) <very strange (it sets mode +p -s for the channel and +o to me) i don't tell it to do anything it just does it auto , very anonying :/

also how do i ignore this msg :
(02:10:25) -hub.testing.org@#rolex- admin invited admin2 into the channel.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Tnx another question.

Post by codemastr »

mode yournick +s -cF <this works fine , problem is every time i quit and reconnect i have to do this over and over agian , no way to tell it to just save settings?
This is what client-side scripts are for.
mode: (admin) sets (+p-s+o admin) <very strange (it sets mode +p -s for the channel and +o to me) i don't tell it to do anything it just does it auto , very anonying :/
Unreal will not set any modes automatically. This appears to be a script.
also how do i ignore this msg :
(02:10:25) -hub.testing.org@#rolex- admin invited admin2 into the channel.
You don't.
-- codemastr
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Dangu I really think you need to learn what admining a server is really about . You are trying to ignore info that the server is giving you that tells you what is going on in your own server . As for you getting modes set on connect (+p-s+o admin ) that will be to do with how your channel is set up . and it will happen every time you go into the channel . If you dont like all the info it gives you to help you run a server then dont run one . Or read the docs and learn what this info is . Do you even know what +p -s +o is ? . If you dont know how the server works how can you hoipe to run one successfully ?
dangu

hmm

Post by dangu »

i really don't mind all those notices actully i took your guys tip and put them back on but the invite thingy really sux coz everyone sees it , not just ircops
-hub.testing.org@#rolex- admin invited admin2 into the channel.
if only i'd see it i wouldn't care but everyone sees it , drives the users crazy
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

It is not sent to everybody. It's only sent to Ops (and protected and channel owners, of course).
Ops do always get a notice if someone is invited to a channel, not only if it's an override.
Ron2K

Re: Tnx another question.

Post by Ron2K »

dangu wrote:/mode yournick +s -cF <this works fine , problem is every time i quit and reconnect i have to do this over and over agian , no way to tell it to just save settings?
oper::snomask is your friend.

However, most of the forum have expressed reservations about this, and you can consider me one of them :P
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

If thats going to all users rather than just ircops then maybe you have something specified in the onjoin modes . What modes do you set on your users when they connect ? .
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

i really don't mind all those notices actully i took your guys tip and put them back on but the invite thingy really sux coz everyone sees it , not just ircops
That notice means a chanop (+o/+a/+q) invited someone, allowing that person to join trough modes. Examples: a ban is affecting the user, the channel is +l 1, the channel is +i, etc.
It's a useful notice because it enables you to find out who invited who (preventing reactions like "huh, how did XYZ manage to get in here?!" if your channel is +k).
Additionally, only chanops see the notice.
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Syzop wrote:
That notice means a chanop (+o/+a/+q) invited someone, allowing that person to join trough modes. Examples: a ban is affecting the user, the channel is +l 1, the channel is +i, etc.
It's a useful notice because it enables you to find out who invited who (preventing reactions like "huh, how did XYZ manage to get in here?!" if your channel is +k).
Additionally, only chanops see the notice.
I do wonder, is there a reason this isn't sent when non-ops invite users? (Eg, if a user complains (possibly to ircops) that a random user is massinviting people into your channel, how do you find out who it is besides asking for the invite message(s) from the user filing the complaint?) (Though this is probably bugs.* material, maybe I'll mention this tidbit there when I'm not sleep-typing... :P )

@dangu, Anyway, if you really want to squash this notice, just configure your client to supress notices from a server matching "* invited * into the channel".
dangu

well..

Post by dangu »

i really don't mind get all this notices , but other @ don't want them , no way to disable it for ops and just make ircop get this notices (about invite)
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

No, there's no way to disable them.
Tell him to ignore them (maybe by using a script/whatever).