IRCop can be kicked ?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
pstruh22

IRCop can be kicked ?

Post by pstruh22 »

Hi.

I am using UnrealIRCD 3.2.2b. I am IRCop on my server. But, why kicked me from channel any users who are not IRCop ? How can I set up that, on my server I not will be kicked ?
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

//mode $me +q
or
/msg irc mode yournickname +q

the bottom one is incase u dont use mirc,

you may fidn that the mode +q cannot be set, this is becuz u need the flag in ur oper block to set it :)
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
pstruh22

Post by pstruh22 »

White_Magic wrote://mode $me +q
or
/msg irc mode yournickname +q

the bottom one is incase u dont use mirc,

you may fidn that the mode +q cannot be set, this is becuz u need the flag in ur oper block to set it :)

I know that mode +q will protect me. But I dont use this command. If I join the channel and user kick or banned me i cant join this channel. But I am IRCop and I think it must by possible.

Before UnrealIRCD I am using HybridIRCD. And hybrid wokrs perfect about this problems.
w00t

Post by w00t »

Have a look at the documentation for oper blocks, in particular the oper override flag.

Having this set on your operblock will enable you to /invite yourself through channelmodes +bilk when you are opered.

NOTENOTENOTE: You will NOT be able to just /join, you need to /invite yourself FIRST!
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

pstruh22 wrote:If I join the channel and user kick or banned me i cant join this channel. But I am IRCop and I think it must by possible.
That's called abuse. IRCops are not god. If you got banned from a channel, there's maybe a reason. That's why you explicitly have to /invite yourself, before you can join a channel you were banned from.
pstruh22

Post by pstruh22 »

Dukat wrote:
pstruh22 wrote:If I join the channel and user kick or banned me i cant join this channel. But I am IRCop and I think it must by possible.
That's called abuse. IRCops are not god. If you got banned from a channel, there's maybe a reason. That's why you explicitly have to /invite yourself, before you can join a channel you were banned from.
Its only for security. I trying to setup it to maximum. I think if I am IRCop, why I am be able to kicked on my own server from any channel ?
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

I think if I am IRCop, why I am be able to kicked on my own server from any channel ?
As White_Magic already said:

There is the +q mode which prevents you from being kicked.

Code: Select all

/mode <younick> +q
If I join the channel and user kick or banned me i cant join this channel. But I am IRCop and I think it must by possible.
If you have the 'can_override' flag set in your oper block you should
be able to remove any bans from any channels from which you are banned from.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Make it very secure and dont give ops to ppl who will abuse them . On my server I am the chanowner of all the channels to begin with so get auto +q on join . I am also netadmin on unreal and services admin on services . I cannot be kicked or banned at all in my server and thru the use of a module cant have anything nasty done to me by any other user or op . But if the ppl you give ircop to or locop abuse it, remove the privelege as that is what it is a privelege .
pstruh22

Post by pstruh22 »

Solutech wrote:Make it very secure and dont give ops to ppl who will abuse them . On my server I am the chanowner of all the channels to begin with so get auto +q on join . I am also netadmin on unreal and services admin on services . I cannot be kicked or banned at all in my server and thru the use of a module cant have anything nasty done to me by any other user or op . But if the ppl you give ircop to or locop abuse it, remove the privelege as that is what it is a privelege .
OK,
If I have mode +q my prefix is ~, can I change it to non prefix ?
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

you would need to recompile to lose the prefixes *i think*
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

pstruh22 wrote:
Solutech wrote:Make it very secure and dont give ops to ppl who will abuse them . On my server I am the chanowner of all the channels to begin with so get auto +q on join . I am also netadmin on unreal and services admin on services . I cannot be kicked or banned at all in my server and thru the use of a module cant have anything nasty done to me by any other user or op . But if the ppl you give ircop to or locop abuse it, remove the privelege as that is what it is a privelege .
OK,
If I have mode +q my prefix is ~, can I change it to non prefix ?
+q channel mode is Channel owner. A channel owner cannot be kick from his room, this is a "perk" to the mode, not it's purpose.

+q user mode is an IRCop mode that will give protection of not being kicked from any channel.

to remove the ~ and & channel preffix, a recompile is required.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

acutally Matridom, i think if you have umode +q you show as founder / owner of a channel ur in, even thou your not, - i think :P im sure someone knows for sure
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

White_Magic wrote:acutally Matridom, i think if you have umode +q you show as founder / owner of a channel ur in, even thou your not, - i think :P im sure someone knows for sure
I'll have to check that, I'm pretty sure i get umode +q, but as i'm at work but do not get channel mode +q or the ~ preffix. I'm at work and can't check right now
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Usermode +q has nothing to do with channelmode +q. You won't get channelmode +q automatically if you have usermode +q.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

no i never ment " if your umode +q u get channelmode +q "
i mean, i think the way its made is that umode +q is a global channel +q, so even if u join a channel and no one sets +q u still have it thus " they cant kick you ". maybe codemastr or syzop will tell us how it works :P lol