vhosts

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ozzy

vhosts

Post by ozzy »

Is it possible to make so that whenever username from host 12345customer.isp.net logs on the ircd he/she gets a preset vhost automaticly? and is it possible that whenever a user gets an @ in a spcified chan he auto gets a preset vhost.
Ron2K

Re: vhosts

Post by Ron2K »

ozzy wrote:Is it possible to make so that whenever username from host 12345customer.isp.net logs on the ircd he/she gets a preset vhost automaticly?
I can see two ways of doing this:
  1. Use some sort of HostServ (ask in the services forum for more on this)
  2. Set up a vhost block in your unrealircd.conf file and get the client to automatically log in for that vhost on join.
ozzy wrote:and is it possible that whenever a user gets an @ in a spcified chan he auto gets a preset vhost.
I'm not sure. Somehow, I don't think so, but you can try the various HostServ's out there and see if one of them does it.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Well for the first part of your question, this is exactly what my HostChange module does. You specify a hostmask and anyone matching that hostmask gets a preset vhost at connect time. About the chanops getting a vhost, I don't know of any module that does that.
-- codemastr
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

All my chanops use the same script so I programmed it to vhost them on connect . Works for me .