Not readin current users right

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
lynden

Not readin current users right

Post by lynden »

HEy,guys at top of my mirc it says there 32 ppl in the room but on /list there 21..and the others dont reply im wonderin if it aint pingin the users fast enough to see if there actually online? heres my config

and wonderin if any one got anything i shoud add to my config to check the user more often and to stop (Software caused connection abort) thank u, http://members.lycos.co.uk/heyhowareyou1/config.txt

i have 1mb net just to make it easier =p :lol: cheers lads[/url]
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

try 70 rather than 90.. how many servers are there linked?
(ps change all ur password and cloakkeys..)
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
lynden

Post by lynden »

btw ive there was fake =p,well are now..wat are the cloak keys actually for,and what else shud i change?
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

well im trying to connect to the server but i cant :P i presum other stuff is *fake* too, anyway, the cloakkeys and the passwords, is all that needs changing really: change the pingfreq 90;
of clients to be 70 but not any lower, see if it corrects the problem
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
lynden

Post by lynden »

well i set the server,clients to 70 its goin good ok up to now is it ok settin them both to that and what are cloak keys for?..(Ping timeout) that sjust the user quitin aite?
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

is the server up?? lol i just cant connect to it at all,

cloak keys: are the special keys for hiding a users real ip, keep them secret otherwise a user can decloak the fake ip with the keys you set..
ping timeout: no, its not just " the user quitting" if you are getting alot of ping time outs then change ur pingfreq back to 90 or higher (no higher than 180) and leave servers on 90, -