unable to compile

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

unable to compile

Post by k4be »

i can't "make" Unreal on linux - i tried on 3 computers. Displayed messages:

gcc -I../include -I/home/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -o ircd auth.o aln.o badwords.o channel.o cloak.o crule.o dbuf.o events.o fdlist.o hash.o help.o ircd.o ircsprintf.o list.o lusers.o match.o modules.o packet.o parse.o res.o res_init.o res_comp.o res_mkquery.o res_skipname.o s_auth.o s_bsd.o s_conf.o s_debug.o s_err.o s_extra.o s_kline.o s_misc.o s_numeric.o s_serv.o s_svs.o socket.o ssl.o s_user.o charsys.o scache.o send.o support.o umodes.o version.o webtv.o whowas.o zip.o cidr.o random.o extcmodes.o extbans.o md5.o api-isupport.o api-command.o -lcrypt -lnsl -L/home/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/lib -ltre
modules.o(.text+0x2de): In function `Module_Create':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:287: undefined reference to `dlopen'
modules.o(.text+0x2f9):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:290: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x33f):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:296: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0x36a):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:308: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x387):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:317: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0x3d0):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:332: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0x424):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:345: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x43d):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:351: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x456):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:357: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x483):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:368: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x49a):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:371: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x571):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:338: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0x5b3):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:311: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0x6ed): In function `Init_all_testing_modules':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:458: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x7a3): In function `Unload_all_loaded_modules':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:493: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x8a5):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:551: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0xae8): In function `Unload_all_testing_modules':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:617: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0xd49): In function `Module_free':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:698: undefined reference to `dlclose'
modules.o(.text+0xebc): In function `Module_Unload':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:727: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0xf38): In function `Module_SymEx':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:763: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0xfa9): In function `Module_Sym':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:785: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x1019): In function `Module_SymX':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:807: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x107d): In function `module_loadall':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:839: undefined reference to `dlsym'
modules.o(.text+0x214d):/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:1472: more undefined references to `dlsym' follow
modules.o(.text+0x5e8): In function `Module_Create':
/home/Unreal3.2/src/modules.c:401: undefined reference to `dlerror'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ircd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Unreal3.2/src'
make: *** [build] Error 2

i don't know c language, so i can't check sourcecode.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

You must run ./Config, not ./configure.
(make clean && ./Config && make)
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

if i use ./Config, it displays there is no curl (i have reinstalled curl 2 times)
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

You can't just use configure because ./Config doesn't work :P

If you are having problems installing curl, have a look at http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=353
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

i use curl from php; your link doesn't work. Errors in make with ./Config:
gcc -I../include -I/home/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -DZIP_LINKS -DUSE_LIBCURL -export-dynamic -c ircd.c
ircd.c:74:23: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
ircd.c: In function `do_version_check':
ircd.c:870: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
ircd.c:871: error: `LIBCURL_VERSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
ircd.c:871: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ircd.c:871: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [ircd.o] Error 1

Edit: link works now but i don't understand it...
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Just follow the INSTALL.REMOTEINC instructions correctly..

Code: Select all

ircd.c:74:23: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory 
There you go.

Also, looking at your compile output, it seems you didn't run ./Config properly or it's remembering some old makefile/configure crap... Try it from scratch (rm -rf Unreal3.2 & tar xzvf again)
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

there's only curl.c not curl.h - should i compile it or simply rename?
jewles

Post by jewles »

if you want to use curl you need to install it first, the fastest way is to download the script posted Here

once you are finished with curl, you should run ( make clean && ./Config && make )

during which when you get to the CURL DIR, you must specify /home/(USERNAME)/curl in order to compile it correctly.
FBSD-DEV Project
http://www.fbsd-dev.org

YatesDev Hosting
http://www.yatesdev.com

The Wrong Way
http://www.thewrongway.net
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

i resolved problem with curl, but now new error appears
gcc -I../include -I/home/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -DZIP_LINKS -I/usr/local/include -DUSE_LIBCURL -export-dynamic -o ircd auth.o aln.o badwords.o channel.o cloak.o crule.o dbuf.o events.o fdlist.o hash.o help.o ircd.o ircsprintf.o list.o lusers.o match.o modules.o packet.o parse.o res.o res_init.o res_comp.o res_mkquery.o res_skipname.o s_auth.o s_bsd.o s_conf.o s_debug.o s_err.o s_extra.o s_kline.o s_misc.o s_numeric.o s_serv.o s_svs.o socket.o ssl.o s_user.o charsys.o scache.o send.o support.o umodes.o version.o webtv.o whowas.o zip.o cidr.o random.o extcmodes.o extbans.o md5.o api-isupport.o api-command.o url.o -lcrypt -lnsl -lz -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lares -ldl -L/home/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/lib -ltre
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-slackware-linux/3.3.4/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lares
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Did you ./Config?
Did it run without any problems?
x-ice

Post by x-ice »

I have the same error, cant find -lares with ld. The first time i used the script it found my shared libs and compiled with those even though i told it /home/user/curl (and i tried /home/user/curl/lib to to be safe). Finally i gave up and updated my shared libs to use those. curl 7.13.1 and ares 1.2.0. This worked but when it grabs files remotely it appends the date the file was modified to the top of them in the tmp/blah.module and is getting all these weird syntax errors and unexpected errors. So i updated the versoins in the curlinstall script (the ones it downloads) after i grabbed it from CVS and now that i removed my shared libs, its getting errors that no -lares is found. So basically it seems that its not really looking in the curl lib path that is specified during ./Config ? Any help would be appreciated.
x-ice

Post by x-ice »

my Config appears to run fine, but i noticed as i run make its using
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib

shouldn't this include -L/home/user/curl

would there be any reason to have to add this path to my /etc/ld.so.conf then have to run ldconfig?

gcc -I../include -I/home/b/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/include -pipe -g -O2 -funsigned-char -I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include -DZIP_LINKS -DUSE_LIBCURL -export-dynamic -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto -o ircd auth.o aln.o badwords.o channel.o cloak.o crule.o dbuf.o events.o fdlist.o hash.o help.o ircd.o ircsprintf.o list.o lusers.o match.o modules.o packet.o parse.o res.o res_init.o res_comp.o res_mkquery.o res_skipname.o s_auth.o s_bsd.o s_conf.o s_debug.o s_err.o s_extra.o s_kline.o s_misc.o s_numeric.o s_serv.o s_svs.o socket.o ssl.o s_user.o charsys.o scache.o send.o support.o umodes.o version.o webtv.o whowas.o zip.o cidr.o random.o extcmodes.o extbans.o md5.o api-isupport.o api-command.o url.o -lcrypt -lnsl -lz -lares -ldl -L/home/b/ircd/Unreal3.2/extras/regexp/lib -ltre -lssl -lcrypto
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lares
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/b/ircd/Unreal3.2/src'
jewles

Post by jewles »

I've ran the script with the latest version of unreal and found no problems. It has been tested on both Unix and Linux. I just updated the script with the latest versions of c-ares and curl and am now testing it.

The problem with either something you are or are not doing or with the operating system. I'm more than happy to take a closer look for you if you like... You can talk to me on [url=irc://irc.unrealircd.com/Unreal-Support]IRC Systems / #Unreal-Support[/url]. You should be able to catch me around 10:30 PM EST or later.
FBSD-DEV Project
http://www.fbsd-dev.org

YatesDev Hosting
http://www.yatesdev.com

The Wrong Way
http://www.thewrongway.net
k4be
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by k4be »

Is there any way to download binaries for linux? Unreal doesn't work under Wine.
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

k4be wrote:Is there any way to download binaries for linux? Unreal doesn't work under Wine.
for linux, you need to compile it.............
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.