Bugged Gline

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Rothgar

Bugged Gline

Post by Rothgar »

We have a Gline from back on Unreal 3.1 I assume which can now not be removed, looking for a fix.
G *!*@pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net 0 8534988 gwens-lapkawk!~[email protected] nub
When I try to remove it it says:
(19:16) -dawgclan.street-creed.com- [error] Cannot have ! in masks.

How can I remove this bugged gline?
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I can suggest you a secure way: if you can and don't mind, try and install my m_rmtkl module and type this command:

/rmtkl G *!*@pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net

Because this command doesn't have a strict syntax checking. Otherwise if you have Services, the following command, which can be dangerous in the case of improper use, can likely remove the G:Line too:

/operserv raw tkl - G *!* pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net SomeNick

(Only if the username part is *!*, or else the command won't work.)
Rothgar

Post by Rothgar »

Alrighty then that was a fun experience... Explain again how to use the raw.
operserv raw tkl - G *!* pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net SomeNick

Now the G:Line is as follows:
G *!*@pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net 0 8995344 gwens-lapkawk!~[email protected] nub

Thats the exact read out of stats G

Now I used operserv's raw as you wrote minus the SomeNick as I wasn't sure what you wanted me to fill in there.

operserv raw tkl - G *!* pcp03310914pcs.reding01.pa.comcast.net
Did a mighty good job of crashing services and the Hub :|
What do I have to do? I would rather just raw it out as you can't use !'s now and no point loading a whole module for one bugged G:Line.

Thanks
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Of course UnrealIRCd will crash if you don't specify the exact number of parameters in the TKL command. That's why I wrote: it can be dangerous. (You were warned. :-P) The "SomeNick" parameter can be anything you want, even "SomeNick", it doesn't have to be a valid nickname, but don't leave it out.

By the way, I don't know why the G:Line hasn't been removed yet. So what's better, if you restart all IRC servers on your network and hope Services don't add the G:Line back, or if you install and load the m_rmtkl module and unload it when it's no longer needed? Perhaps there are other solutions, but that's all what I could find.
Rothgar

Post by Rothgar »

Ah that SomeNick worked perfectly, thanks, is there somewhere that has a good place to read up on all the raw commands? I would like to know more than I currently do about raw, not only would it help me do more powerful things but raw comes in handy with scripts :)
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

There are some SVS commands documented in the help.conf file, but not all the RAW ones. This is comprehendable, thought, because some of them may crash your server or will result in weird things if you use them improperly. Probably it would be good if you asked the coders to extend the current technical documentations with a number of these commands.