SaJoin

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
OhHenry26

SaJoin

Post by OhHenry26 »

I was wondering if it's possible to remove the /sajoin command from UnrealIRCd so that opers on other servers cannot sajoin people on your server. Is this possible at all?

Thanks

--OhHenry26
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

/sajoin is restricted to users with +a (services administrator, services-admin in config). If you don't want opers to have sajoin, don't give them that flag.

But be warned that the net-admin flag implies services-admin, so if you are a netadmin, you will have /sajoin whether you like it or not.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Alternative solution: if you don't trust in your opers, drop some of your server links, and next time choose better operators.
OhHenry26

Post by OhHenry26 »

Well, the problem isn't opers on my server, it's opers on OTHER servers that are annoying me. I guess it's not possible to remove the sajoin command completely? I remember with ircd-hybrid you could simply remove a module if you didn't want it, but I guess it's different in UnrealIRCd.

Thanks

--OhHenry26
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Well, the problem isn't opers on my server, it's opers on OTHER servers that are annoying me. I guess it's not possible to remove the sajoin command completely? I remember with ircd-hybrid you could simply remove a module if you didn't want it, but I guess it's different in UnrealIRCd.
Nope, it works the same way as Hybrid. It just requires you to "tweak" your config file a bit. Right now I assume you have:

loadmodule "src/modules/commands.so";

First step is change that to:
loadmodule "src/modules/m_*.so";

then in your shell:
mv src/modules/m_sajoin.so src/modules/disabled_m_sajoin.so

And /rehash and you should be good to go.
-- codemastr
DeMiNe0

Post by DeMiNe0 »

Note, that this must be done on ALL servers on the network. So the admin on the other server could put it back if he or she knows what they're doing.
OhHenry26

Post by OhHenry26 »

Thanks!
OhHenry26

Post by OhHenry26 »

Here's a little complication though...how would I do the same thing in windows?
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Well that's not a little complication, that's a major complication. Windows does not support modules. So you would have to recompile the IRCd yourself.
-- codemastr