A couple of problems for ya

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
couldntthinkofadecentnick

A couple of problems for ya

Post by couldntthinkofadecentnick »

THanks guys for help you have given us previously. We now have most things up and now its mainly find tuning.

First problem we have is with linking 2 of our servers.

We have one set up to autconnect to the other one. When this one trys to connect we get the message Link denied (Authentication failed)

The other one is set up so I connect it manually as it should be connected automatically by the other server. When I try to connect this one I get the message - Link denied (Authentication failed [Bad password?])

I dont have a clue whats wrong. All server numerics and passwords are right. All ips are correct.

Is there anything else we need to try.

Another problem is with operserv. (I know this is services but I thought it is better to keep making a few threads as poss.) With operserv I am services root and netadmin and can do things like restart services and use sajoin. However I cannot use svsnick, ignore amoung a couple of other functions. Any idea what this could be.

Thank you guys
Darvocet

Re: A couple of problems for ya

Post by Darvocet »

couldntthinkofadecentnick wrote:THanks guys for help you have given us previously. We now have most things up and now its mainly find tuning.

First problem we have is with linking 2 of our servers.

We have one set up to autconnect to the other one. When this one trys to connect we get the message Link denied (Authentication failed)

The other one is set up so I connect it manually as it should be connected automatically by the other server. When I try to connect this one I get the message - Link denied (Authentication failed [Bad password?])

I dont have a clue whats wrong. All server numerics and passwords are right. All ips are correct.

Is there anything else we need to try.

Another problem is with operserv. (I know this is services but I thought it is better to keep making a few threads as poss.) With operserv I am services root and netadmin and can do things like restart services and use sajoin. However I cannot use svsnick, ignore amoung a couple of other functions. Any idea what this could be.

Thank you guys
Ok... about operserv first. svsnick is not usually default compiled or allowed. Most likely you need to re-compile services with that specific .so file. Or at least enable it in the conf. But I know on my network that doesnt work either, becuase I didnt set that up when I setup services.

Your link. dude wrong f*ckin password.

I HIGHLY suggest encrypting passwords

password-connect "2C9D0f8s.D09f" { crypt; };
password-receive "2C9D0f8s.D09f" { crypt; };

just double check that all of your passwords are the same. Make sure that all the link infomation matches. Could be spelling errors, or anything like that. To encrypt a password use /mkpasswd <type> <pass.phrase> - example: /mkpasswd crypt PaSsWorD or /mkpasswd md5 PaSsWorD.

I would double check that cause it SAYs the password is wrong. I would believe that. Ive had that problem before also but it was either cause the link name was spelled wrong and duplcated another server or that the pass was wrong. If that makes sense.

Hope that helps at all.
- Darvocet
Sr. Network Admin: EpicIRC.Net
Darvocet

Post by Darvocet »

kucha wrote:There is almost no point of using encrypted passwords for link block :)
Oh thats true, I only had the recieve one in my conf but I wasnt thinking :)
- Darvocet
Sr. Network Admin: EpicIRC.Net
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

couldntthinkofadecentnick wrote:Another problem is with operserv. (I know this is services but I thought it is better to keep making a few threads as poss.) With operserv I am services root and netadmin and can do things like restart services and use sajoin. However I cannot use svsnick, ignore amoung a couple of other functions. Any idea what this could be.
According to the /HELPOP documentation, all SVS commands "must be sent through a U:lined server". Which means that you'll need to use the OperServ RAW command to use them. However, just be warned that the RAW command is very dangerous and can crash your server if used improperly.

(Darvocet, I don't know where you get "svsnick must be compiled in to services" from, because the SVS commands are IRCd commands, not services commands. However, the OperServ RAW command is generally enabled or disabled via a configuration option, and maybe it has to be compiled in with certain services packages, so you're partly correct there.)
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

There is almost no point of using encrypted passwords for link block
That couldn't be more wrong.
-- codemastr
Mr_S

Post by Mr_S »

on the operserv section....

try /msg operserv set superadmin on

Then try your svsnick command :)