PHP, IRC and UnrealIRCD

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
alBo

PHP, IRC and UnrealIRCD

Post by alBo »

I am not sure if this should go here so if not could someone kindly move it.

Ok how do i get stats and so forth and pull certain things from IRC and the IRCD config file and then display them in php or store them in a database?
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Several possibilities
  • Use a bot
  • Use some sort of Stats server (e.g. solarstats)
  • Use GNU Thales (IRC to MySQL gateway)
  • Connect with PHP to the IRC server
  • Maybe you could also write a Unreal module
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

Thales is something i do need to look into myself, when i find time...

Right now i use SolarStats for some information and modules like "ActiveUsers" found on angrywolf's site for other stuff.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
mexx3k

Post by mexx3k »

forget thales and start using denora ... it rockz ;)

uses same database-structure as thales, so the "old" php-scripts for stats on a website stil work ... with some differences ...

e.g., denora saves information also for users who are offline ... giving them the flag "offline" ( own column in the table ) ... the thales-scripts don't know about that ... to get the correct informations, change the SQL-query and add "WHERE online='Y'" ...

the details about servers ( uptime, users, links, versions, motd, ... ) also increased, user details are e.g. country ( using geodb ), hopcount ( amount of servers between denora and the user ) etc ...

the coders are the same as those from anope, using the same config-structures and ability to add custom modules ...

greetings from germany,
mexx