dns issue

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
counselor

dns issue

Post by counselor »

I don't know if anyone can actually help me, Ive been going thru all docs for the last 2 days and I have NEVER modified unreal. Now this is my issue, if noone knows the solution just say so please its fine, I have a iogear BOSS router, i have a *nix box hooked to it with unrealircd lastest on it. When i or anyone else signs on it, we all get the same ip which i will put below

{--20:40--} * counselor sets mode: +i
-
{--20:40--} Local host: boss (192.168.2.1)

Anyone know, like i said, if not just say so. Thank you :)
Albert Hofmann
TigerKatziTatzi

Post by TigerKatziTatzi »

looks like the the router runs in ip masquerading mode.
counselor

Post by counselor »

thank you, as i read up on that after reading it this morning it makes sense. Thing is, is Ive found a ton on enabling masquerading, but i can't find anything about disabling it. Any ideas.

*I know sometimes my questions may seem idiotic, but i didn't have this much trouble when i ran tucministries.com with my smc router which unfortunately died late last year.*
Albert Hofmann
Jason

Post by Jason »

Reverse the Enabling steps?

Now seriously, read carefully how to enable that, it should be easy enough to figure out how to disable it.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

You should find a manual for your router, and read the enabling steps, and it should be fairly easy to disable it. If your router doesn't say anything about enabling/disabling it, you can email their technical support. If technical support can tell you how, you should write it down or print it, and keep it with the routers manual.
counselor

Post by counselor »

Reverse the Enabling steps?

Now seriously, read carefully how to enable that, it should be easy enough to figure out how to disable it.
if only iit were that easy, but #1 I didn't enable it
#2 its not in the manual that ive seen
Albert Hofmann