How Do I Point my website @ server?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
IRCDude

How Do I Point my website @ server?

Post by IRCDude »

How do i point my website at my server like the server gets the ip or something :?:
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

you can use "irc://serveraddress" as a hyperlink, that will use an existing IRC client to open up your server.

you can use a java/cgi/flash client to open a browser window with the IRC server..

More details will get you a better answer
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
IRCDude

Pointing

Post by IRCDude »

What i mean is How can i point the ip of my website to my server. I want the Website's IP to be pointing at my Server. Or is there another way of doing this?

What im trying to say is im starting my server but i cant connect to it.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Moderator: other topic removed; please don't just start a new topic for the same problem, just provide more details here.
Removed message follows:
IRCDude wrote:How Do I Point My WebSite's IP to the Server?

I hope you can tell me!

Also, May You Please Tell me if server ip pointing will work with sub-domains.
on-topic: I doubt anyone understands what you mean. You cannot point an IP anywhere, I don't think you understand what an IP really is... Don't you mean hostname?
DarkBlood

Post by DarkBlood »

If you want your Domain name to point to your IP... Then you can set that in your control panel.

BUT, that means, all the webspace that you have in the current IP will have to be hosted on the server your IRCD runs in.
Smark

questions

Post by Smark »

hmm, do you mean something like if you go to blah.com in your browser it takes you to a site and you want to be able to do /server blah.com and it connect to your IRC server in mIRC? please clariffy

Thx,
Smark
Owner of sliceirc.net/codingusa.com/rickzzy.com
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

Thats a pretty simple answer
-Bricker-