'update' script, from 3.2-BETA14 to 3.2-RC2fix

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Craws

'update' script, from 3.2-BETA14 to 3.2-RC2fix

Post by Craws »

With 3.2-BETA14 there's a script (that looks promising) entitled "update" (ver 2.0). This script seemingly connects to update.unrealircd.com - which doesn't exist. This update script would be wonderful, if it worked.

Reckon you could update the server-side config to still allow for this script to work? Some busy admins like these features, and don't have time to go grab files and instate it all manually. ;)

The exact error is as follows:

--15:41:28-- http://update.unrealircd.com/update.sh
=> `update.sh'
Resolving update.unrealircd.com... failed: Host not found.
chmod: getting attributes of `update.sh': No such file or directory
./update: line 35: ./update: No such file or directory

- Chris.
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Why don't you just do this instead?
The recommended way to upgrade is:
Linux:
  • Rename your old UnrealIRCd directory (or otherwise you'll overwrite it in the next step)
  • Extract the new UnrealIRCd version and run ./Config and make
  • Copy your old configuration files to the new directory (unrealircd.conf, motd, rules, server.* [SSL certs], network file, etc)
Craws

Post by Craws »

As aforemeted, time is an issue for me. Running ./update is far easier...
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I don't know what your connection is like, so I can't tell you how long grabbing the files would take - but the actual process that I mentioned earlier shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Well, if time is such an important issue for you, then probably you have no time to read the release notes of the new versions and the descriptions of the changes, since it's already enough to you to waste time on doing the upgrade.

By the way, I suggest you to write your own update script that updates the source from CVS (beta branch), does a "make clean", a "make", and finally displays the release notes if you want so.