TS Problem

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Psadi wrote:you must be root to be able to set the time and date.
I think you should be able to tell from the prompt that he is root...

Anyway, it's likely you have some odd security policy going on preventing root from changing the time, so maybe you should look into that.

And w00t: yes the TStime stuff is synched but it's better to have the real clocks synched ;P .
cculha

Post by cculha »

ok men ok. i am a root! give me the commands.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

[23:32] -ren.geyik.net- *** Server=ren.geyik.net TStime=1128868132 time()=1128889912 TSoffset=-21778
-
[23:32] -super.geyik.net- *** Server=super.geyik.net TStime=1128868135 time()=1128868135 TSoffset=0
People, as w00t pointed out, the times are fine. All I have to add to it, is the offsets are screwed, as if someone tried using TSCTL and didn't know wtf they were doing.

To fix: go to ren.geyik.net, oper, and type

Code: Select all

/tsctl offset +3
This will give the servers the exact time.

NOTE: Because you are making Unreal time travel, Unreal may FREEZE until it has reached it's destination time. 21788 seconds is just over 6 hours! When doing this command, be sure you have shell access to restart/kill the IRCd if necessary!

I am locking this thread for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
1) Learn to read. There was clearly something wrong with the offset the whole time.
2) Don't play with things that say "Do NOT use if you do not understand EXACTLY what it does" in the docs, and make sure your opers know that. We are not responsable for user/oper stupidity, and there is a clear warning in the docs. Someone had to have played with TSCTL offsets for them to get so bad, and that person clearly did not know what they were doing.