Compiling under Windows (c-ares/curl/openssl/zlib)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Andrew.Phillips

Compiling under Windows (c-ares/curl/openssl/zlib)

Post by Andrew.Phillips »

Hello,

I was reading through the Unreal docs yesterday, and noticed that the compiling under win32 instructions for manually compiling the additional support programs for those that wish for remote includes/ssl/compressed links support was badly out of date.

Although it seems possible to compile openssl using the standard openssl install routine and use the output libraries and includes fine, the same isn't true for zlib/c-ares/curl.

Alas, my programming experience is minimal, so I am not much help, but would it be possible for the compiling under windows doc to be updated, so that those who wish to use more current versions of the aforementioned programs when compiling UnrealIRCd than offered in the pre-built windows development kit are able to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Phillips
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

I've not used the windows build in some time, so i may be wrong, but i believe that the windows pre-compiled version has most of those features turned on.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
wax

Post by wax »

anyone can compile c-ares 1.3.0 under windows?
I get 2 errors during compiling. :-\ Latest version from CVS didn't help.
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

wax wrote:anyone can compile c-ares 1.3.0 under windows?
I get 2 errors during compiling. :-\ Latest version from CVS didn't help.
I am assuming you mean the following errors:

Code: Select all

c:\dev\c-ares-1.3.0\ares_process.c(544) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "no non-blocking method was found/used/set"

c:\dev\c-ares-1.3.0\ares_ipv6.h(26) : error C2011: 'in6_addr' : 'struct' type redefinition

To fix error C1189 add the following to the end of the defines section in ares_process.c

#define HAVE_IOCTLSOCKET

To fix error C2011 add the following to the beginning of ares_ipv6.h

#include <IPExport.h>
and comment out the following in ares_ipv6.h

struct in6_addr
{
  unsigned char s6_addr[16];
};
Defunct...
Updated Win32 libs, binaries and easy to
use compile script for Visual Studio .NET
http://unreal.hates.tv
wax

Post by wax »

Thanks a lot :D
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

If not done so already, perhaps someone can tell the c-ares guys they need to fix this (and tell them your fix, they might not include it as-is, but probably know what to do ;p)
r3mbr4ndt

Re: Compiling under Windows (c-ares/curl/openssl/zlib)

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

Andrew.Phillips wrote:Hello,

I was reading through the Unreal docs yesterday, and noticed that the compiling under win32 instructions for manually compiling the additional support programs for those that wish for remote includes/ssl/compressed links support was badly out of date.

Although it seems possible to compile openssl using the standard openssl install routine and use the output libraries and includes fine, the same isn't true for zlib/c-ares/curl.

Alas, my programming experience is minimal, so I am not much help, but would it be possible for the compiling under windows doc to be updated, so that those who wish to use more current versions of the aforementioned programs when compiling UnrealIRCd than offered in the pre-built windows development kit are able to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Phillips
I have updated my website http://unreal.hates.tv with a new pre-built windows dev kit and pre-compiled unreal3.2.3 with the following libraries:
- libcurl/7.15.0 c-ares/1.3.0 (For non-SSL compiles)
- libcurl/7.15.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a c-ares/1.3.0
- OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
- zlib 1.2.3

I will try to check into notifying the c-ares guys on the fixes sometime soon.
Defunct...
wax

Post by wax »

r3mbr4ndt wrote: I will try to check into notifying the c-ares guys on the fixes sometime soon.
It will be great, 'cose I can't build with c-ares 1.3.0.
Must be fixed c-ares & libcurl for windows versions :D
r3mbr4ndt

Post by r3mbr4ndt »

wax wrote:It will be great, 'cose I can't build with c-ares 1.3.0.
Must be fixed c-ares & libcurl for windows versions :D
Do you mean you can't build libcurl with your built c-ares 1.3.0 ?

I got linking errors when trying to build libcurl with the new c-ares but was able to figure out how to fix it. All you have to do is add ares_parse_aaaa_reply.c, inet_net_pton.c, and bitncmp.c as source files in your libcurl project. After doing that it builds like a charm.
Defunct...