How to implement this on my network?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Brzi

How to implement this on my network?

Post by Brzi »

Recently I found very good thing to stop spam bots joining your server channels on this network - irc.krstarica.com

They run Unreal 3.2.3 and Anope services I think.

Once you connect to irc.krstarica.com you got this message:

-Pricaonica- Rutinska kontrola :) Molimo Vas da otkucate:
-
-Pricaonica- ********************************************************************************
-
-Pricaonica- /msg Lamer552 4194113984
-
-Pricaonica- ********************************************************************************
-
-
-

Until you dont type /msg Lamer552 4194113984 you cant join any channel on network. I want to know which module is this and how can I implement it on my network? Thank you.
w00t

Post by w00t »

I'd say it's probably a custom module. Try asking their network staff if they are willing to release it.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Brzi jesi pametan :))

of cours they wont do that .. that`s bigest and most stable serbian irc network .. all tnx for that module only ddos can harm them

brzi koji je tvoj irc ?:)

to add it look`s like this

[00:10] -Pricaonica- ********************************************************************************
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- ********************************************************************************
-
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Routine check :) Please type:
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Rutinska kontrola :) Molimo Vas da otkucate:
-
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- /msg Darklord 1945842266
-
-
-
-
[00:10] * Darklord sets mode: +iwxZ

can`t do anything with Z mode ... when i type than or ident to my nick i got this

[00:10] -Pricaonica- **********************************************************************
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Restriction on your connection has been lifted. Enjoy your stay - PIK!
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Ogranicenje na Vasoj konekciji je skinuto. Prijatan chat zeli Vam PIK!
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- **********************************************************************
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

When you are shunned, you can only /pong and /admin. it is possible to add here /msg command?

P.S. yes, yes, without modifying the sources ;)
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: ...

Post by Syzop »

Darklord wrote:of cours they wont do that .. that`s bigest and most stable serbian irc network .. all tnx for that module only ddos can harm them
Uh no, it's very easy to write something for a bot that would allow them to circumvent this. Probably for almost all bots it's just a matter of adding a few lines of code :P.
Suchiara

Post by Suchiara »

best protection from bots:

"count ln(sin 810) and then /msg somebot <The_result>" lol :D bots won't bypass that ;)
w00t

Post by w00t »

No matter what protection you can devise, there are ways around it. For example, there was a network that did such a system, and embedded bold and colour tags in their "security" code to prevent bots.

It took me less than half an hour to create a bot able to sucessfully get past this, as a demonstration. They have since dropped that system in favour of using bopm + defender + other methods.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Well, it is possible to make it insanely difficult for automated programs to process it. Once on EFnet I saw a server that if you didn't have identd it would actually send the pingcookie via RPL_TEXT, but passing the cookie through figlet or something first basically. Show me a bot that can parse figlet output (especially if a random font is used) :) .
CCCC

Re: ...

Post by CCCC »

Darklord wrote:Brzi jesi pametan :))

of cours they wont do that .. that`s bigest and most stable serbian irc network .. all tnx for that module only ddos can harm them

brzi koji je tvoj irc ?:)

to add it look`s like this

-
-
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Routine check :) Please type:
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Rutinska kontrola :) Molimo Vas da otkucate:
-
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- /msg Darklord 1945842266
-
-
-
-
[00:10] * Darklord sets mode: +iwxZ

can`t do anything with Z mode ... when i type than or ident to my nick i got this

-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Restriction on your connection has been lifted. Enjoy your stay - PIK!
-
[00:10] -Pricaonica- Ogranicenje na Vasoj konekciji je skinuto. Prijatan chat zeli Vam PIK!
-
OK brzi is just asking DarkLord, and krstarica is more YU network than serbian to be honest and they have good protections if we compare them to others like: com, pokojni ws, balkan etc