Allow block but with a domain instead of an ip ?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
kuato

Allow block but with a domain instead of an ip ?

Post by kuato »

Is there a way to add a domain in the allow block , not an ip ?

Code: Select all

/* Allow info */
allow {
	ip "*@*"; ----> a domain to add a dinamic ip ?
	hostname "*@*";
	class clients;
	maxperip 5;
                redirect-server "irc.mynet.org";
        redirect-port "6667";
};
I need something like that to control the number of clones of cibercofee lans, "x ammount per dinamic ip" , using something like no-ip to update that dinamic ip in the designated no-ip host for that particular cibercoffe.
Sorry by my english, im from Argetina.
Look !!! , Can you see the light on my finger ?Open your mind PD: my english sucks
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

the allow block requires an ip or hostmask . If they use a specific hostmask then maybe you could filter the allows by that . Or on a more broad approach just limit the amount of clones you are allowed throughout the whole server .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
kuato

Post by kuato »

the allow block requires an ip or hostmask . If they use a specific hostmask then maybe you could filter the allows by that . Or on a more broad approach just limit the amount of clones you are allowed throughout the whole server .
I know how is the normal allow block, but this cant manage dinamic ip connections, the hostmask of the dinamic ips change on every new connection, thats the reason of why im asking for an allow block that takes the ip line from a domain like no-ip ones. :cry: , the amount af clones will vary depending on the number of pcs the ciberkiosk had, i already have set the server limit per ip. but i need exceptions for that cibers.
Maybe fot he next realease of Unreal ? :roll:
Look !!! , Can you see the light on my finger ?Open your mind PD: my english sucks