nick length

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
sg

nick length

Post by sg »

is there any way to limit the nick length? :P
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

The nick length is 30 characters, unless you modify the soruce, which is not supported in any way.
sg

Post by sg »

how could i do that then?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

*sigh* did you bother reading that comment by Stealth ?

You cant limit the nick length it is 30 chars .

The only way is to modify unreal's source which is NOT SUPPORTED (so asking how is a bit stupid tbh) by Unreal or this forum .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
sg

Post by sg »

u guys only know how to say modify, like exist i know how to modify... not everyone is a genius... not willing to help dont post anything... no one will says ya idling... :P
sg

Post by sg »

Solutech wrote:*sigh* did you bother reading that comment by Stealth ?

You cant limit the nick length it is 30 chars .

The only way is to modify unreal's source which is NOT SUPPORTED (so asking how is a bit stupid tbh) by Unreal or this forum .
If your having any problems with Unreal IRCD 3.2.x, post them here, and someone in the community will help you out. <-=- eat these if this is ur so call "help" :P
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Your asking how to modify the source which isnt supported .

The answer to your question is no you cant change the nick length .

We help people as best we can but in this case we cant help you as modifying source isnt supported .

This isnt me being prissy or highbrow its a simple statement of fact . We wont help you modify unreal's source .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
sg

Post by sg »

Solutech wrote:Your asking how to modify the source which isnt supported .

The answer to your question is no you cant change the nick length .

We help people as best we can but in this case we cant help you as modifying source isnt supported .

This isnt me being prissy or highbrow its a simple statement of fact . We wont help you modify unreal's source .
ok fine appeciated... isnt this is better? u should had post this for ur 1st posting... by saying someone a stupid isnt a smart thing right? need not to create conflit... a wise person dont create trouble... cheers :)
w00t

Post by w00t »

I'll be a little nicer, and mention there *may* be a module to do this someplace. Have a look around.

On the other foot, being an ass is only going to get your threads locked, posts deleted, and possibly booted off the forum. You don't make the rules, we do :).

Have a pleasant day.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]