qaohv (~&@%+) to ohv (@%+) on win32

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
MetalBoY

qaohv (~&@%+) to ohv (@%+) on win32

Post by MetalBoY »

whove to change qaohv (~&@%+) to ohv (@%+) on win32, please help me. Thanks !
wax

Re: qaohv (~&@%+) to ohv (@%+) on win32

Post by wax »

MetalBoY wrote:whove to change qaohv (~&@%+) to ohv (@%+) on win32, please help me. Thanks !
recompile UnrealIRCD :]
..\include\win32\setup.h
#define PREFIX_AQ

made to
#undef PREFIX_AQ
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

or if you want a precompile go visit stealths page http://www2.x-tab.org/~ircd/ the link for the AQ disabled version is at the bottom of the page :)
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
black_skies4

Post by black_skies4 »

From what I heard editing source is not supported for Windows, if you have problems I think they will refuse to help you. Get Linux and you can easily disable PREFIX_AQ hehe.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

That's true, but you are free to edit setup.h (well, include\win32\setup.h for windows).
Reason is, on Linux setup.h gets written by ./Config, but on Windows there's no such system, so you need to manually configure setup.h to enable/disable any settings.
Hope that clears some things up.
black_skies4

Post by black_skies4 »

But then you have to compile it, no? So you have to have from source for windows to be able to do that, no? I'm not sure, never messed around with it on Windows.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Yes, quite some work.

But as Solutech mentioned, Stealth has a precompiled version with the ~/& prefixes :)
McDarby

Post by McDarby »

Solutech wrote:or if you want a precompile go visit stealths page http://www2.x-tab.org/~ircd/ the link for the AQ disabled version is at the bottom of the page :)
Just been there since 3.2.4 got released, page was moved to /modules and that link is not there anymore. Know of any other pages to find this? That precompile was useful for me as it allowed me to run atleast two copies of Unreal on my Windows.

--
Erik
Jason

Post by Jason »

You dont need two different versions to run two ircds on the same computer, even on Windows.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

McDarby wrote:
Solutech wrote:or if you want a precompile go visit stealths page http://www2.x-tab.org/~ircd/ the link for the AQ disabled version is at the bottom of the page :)
Just been there since 3.2.4 got released, page was moved to /modules and that link is not there anymore. Know of any other pages to find this? That precompile was useful for me as it allowed me to run atleast two copies of Unreal on my Windows.

--
Erik
I'll try to have that up today, I can't guarantee it though.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

It is currently compiling, I need to run, I'll package it and upload it within 4 hours.
McDarby

Post by McDarby »

Stealth wrote:It is currently compiling, I need to run, I'll package it and upload it within 4 hours.
Thanks. Oh, and make sure it is the re-release of 3.2.4 that is compiling since there was a re-release as explained on the UnrealIRCd Homepage regarding a Wildcard '?' bug that slipped through.

--
Erik
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

It sure will be.
McDarby

Post by McDarby »

Jason wrote:You dont need two different versions to run two ircds on the same computer, even on Windows.
No, I was referring to running two ircds with the same version on Windows.

--
Erik
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

The No-AQ version has been uploaded to my site, and the link is at the bottom of the modules page. If there are any problems with it, feel free to email me and I'll see what I can do.