About Hidding Ident

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
katilpence

About Hidding Ident

Post by katilpence »

Hi to Friends

i want to ask you this question that my idents [email protected] . When this ident enter the host for example we say it will get a counterfeit ident [email protected] like that, my intention i banned normal idents only 6-7 pieces idents opened but some intelligent friends change idents according to them and come here. Now i want to form counterfeit ident. Is this possible to do by i or is there any alternative?
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

1- By modifying the sources (you'll be losing support)
2- Write a BOT, make it IRCop and configure the ON:SNOTICE with the pattern

Code: Select all

server ! Client connecting on port 6667: blah (ident@localhost) [c-clients]

then use a /chgident blah New_Counterfeit_Random_Ident

Hope that helps.
katilpence

Post by katilpence »

All right can you write me this source or sources or is there like this tcl?
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Modify the sources? No, I didn't want to do that. Isn't supported.

Write a BOT? Well, as far as I know, Numeric answers (RPL_.*) don't help us to obtain the client's nick that is connecting(correct me if I'm wrong), so what I told about ON:SNOTICE, please forget it. So, you have to write a module(I'm not capable to do that). Take a look at your send.c file, a void function called sendto_connectnotice and look the order that the variables are passed by parameters. Something like this :

(...) (connectd,"*** Notice -- Client connecting on port %d: %s (%s@%s) [%s] %s%s%s", sptr->listener->port, nick, user->username, user->realhost, (...)
Hope that helps.

PD : If is on a remote server, I was looking for the file, but didn't find it, so ask for an unrealIRCd coder/supporter for that.
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Nah... a simple eggdrop/psybnc can do the job, no need to change the source, re-compile, lose support. You'll find some scripting examples and the documentation needed on their websites. Here's an example for psyBNC:

server NOTICE *!*@host.com * "*Client connecting*" echo "CHGHOST $P12 new_ident"
This was made to use the "F" snomask.

And btw, numeric answers can be handled by mIRC in the following way:

raw 473:*:{ echo -a I tried to join $2 but its invite only! | halt }
(This would change the text displayed when receiving a 473 numeric, when trying to enter an invite-only channel.)

In a simple server notice like this one:

[06:18] -irc.random.servber.net- *** Notice -- Client connecting on port 6667: Guest ([email protected]) [clients]
, the nickname can be accessed as $8, like this:

on *:SNOTICE:*Client connecting*:{ set %x $read(idents.txt) | chgident $8 %x | echo -a Ident for $8 changed to %x | unset %x }
This would change the users's ident from a random read from the file "idents.txt" assuming it already exists and is readable.

Of course, the bot that you use, no matter if it's a scripted psyBNC, eggdrop, mIRC or whatever, you need to make him oper and his snomask to +F.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Wow, so many thanks Grunt. I was looking for that ;)
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

np ;)
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
katilpence

Post by katilpence »

This bot matter dont wrap me up Grunt, we do that in unreal isnt it be? we cant see the it entrance no problem that is, but the ident part we can show its alright...
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

katilpence wrote:This bot matter dont wrap me up Grunt, we do that in unreal isnt it be? we cant see the it entrance no problem that is, but the ident part we can show its alright...
Sorry, I can't understand what you're saying.

Visit http://www.egghelp.org for info on how to set up an eggdrop, maybe even learn some basic tcl and in an hour your bot should be done.
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

I guess I can understand "something"

katilpence : That code runs on behalf of the client. You do that in your mIRC->Tools->Scripts Editor->Remotes. There, you have to write Grunt's code, later you should test it to be sure. Or you can learn how-to eggbots, is the better solution.
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

The EASIEST way to do it is like this:

1. set up a paybnc. (visit http://www.psybnc.info for details)
2. connect it, oper it
3. add this script (visit http://www.psybnc.info for more info about psybnc scripting):

server NOTICE *!*@* * "*Client connecting*" echo "CHGIDENT $P12 new_ident"
It may look difficult, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. This also includes configuring and compiling. :|
Suchiara

Post by Suchiara »

It works!
yeah, realy..
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

lol

Try searching with google, it seems that http://www.psybnc.info doesn't want us :D or they're restructuring the site.

http://www.google.com.cu/search?hl=es&q=psybnc&meta=
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Eggdrop script (just for your amusement if you already have something working):

bind raw * NOTICE raw_notice

proc raw_notice {from msg text} {
    if {[string first $from .] == -1} {
        return 0
    }
    set msglist [split $text { }]