How can we forbid Fullname?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
katilpence

How can we forbid Fullname?

Post by katilpence »

For example, if i forbid fullnames like that, only i open what i choosed part of Fullname. Like forbidding ident we forbid all of them only we turn on for one.

Like that im forbidding all

ban realname {
mask "*";
reason "Error Fullname ";
};

Then how i can open that i want to open Fullname.
?
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Real names shoud never be banned... maybe if only they would have bad words in or show signs of an infected client. Banning ALL realnames sounds... unusual. And because there are no "except realname" or "allow realname" directives, it's a stupid thing too, because NOONE can join the server.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Spamfilter is a powerfull tool for that :

Code: Select all

/spamfilter add u kill - Denied *!*@*:*http://www.machine.es.vg*$

That's the realname of Machine's Clon Script. Spamfilters can be added by any IRCop(having this flag) without writing unrealircd.conf. I guess, if you forbid all realnames masks later you shouldn't be able to allow one.
katilpence

Post by katilpence »

I want to ban, only what i choose that i want to open, i asked for this already i have made my script for they use. I ban only Fullname only what i put on the script with fullname. If you help me, i will be happy. Thanks a lot.
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Unfortunately there's no way to set "allowed realnames". And personally this isn't something I would rely on for security.

What you can do: use a limited allow block and/or password-protect it. If you want to get really paranoid you could have a password valid only for any given ident@ISP (and require a valid identd reply). That would of course mean looking up at least some of the IP blocks for a given ISP but well...