Something is wrong with my Oper block =(

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
BattleStone

Something is wrong with my Oper block =(

Post by BattleStone »

I tried the examples that came with the server, even combed these forums for more examples, but none of them worked .... either Im doing something wrong, or it doesnt work for 3.2.4/Windows?

Code: Select all

oper beefcake {
 	class           clients;
 	from {
 		userhost *@*;
 	};
 	password "beef";
 	flags
 	{
		netadmin;
		can_die;
		can_restart;
		can_wallops;
		can_globops;
		can_localroute;
		can_globalroute;
		can_localkill;
		can_globalkill;
		can_kline;
		can_unkline;
		can_localnotice;
		can_globalnotice;
		can_zline;
		can_gkline;
		can_gzline;
		get_host;
		can_override;
		can_setq;
		can_addline;
		can_dccdeny; 
 	};
 };
Using mIRC ...

/oper beefcake beef
Results in...

No O-lines for your host

Please tell me my Oper block isnt correct ... :D
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Did you rehash it first?
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
BattleStone

Post by BattleStone »

Yep, I rehashed after every change to the motd.
nate

Post by nate »

Whats the MOTD have to do with any of this? O_o;

And assuming that you're example is not really the real Opername and Password you are using in your real O:Line block, keep in mind just incase (as sometimes it is the little things), that Usernames/Passwords for the O:Line ARE Casesensitive, so If it was actually 'Beefcake', then 'beefcake' would not work.
BattleStone

Post by BattleStone »

Sorry about that, I meant everytime I refresh the config :) Thanks for the tip about case sensative :)

Can I safely assume that 3.2.4 for windows has an Oper bug and I should try a lower version?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

BattleStone wrote:Can I safely assume that 3.2.4 for windows has an Oper bug
Of course not.

Does the oper block even show up in '/stats o'? (comment out the set::oper-only-stats line so you can...)

Did you try restarting the ircd, see if it errors or warns?

If all that didn't help, or if your oper block is indeed not showing up in /stats o:
Try changing the line:
oper beefcake {
to something like:
LALALALAoper beefcake {
and see if it errors.

If it does not error or warn, then you are editting something that is not being read (for example: a comment out section).

</tips&tricks>
nate

Post by nate »

I dunno, I wouldn't say that offhand. You're the first person i've seen report such a thing with 3.2.4, if you WERE to use anything lower, don't go below 3.2.3, but for the time being i'd just double check again, its gotta be something there, maybe try adding in some of the optional fields, or try the new flagging setup.

If this is by some chance a bug with the new Unreal build for windows, perhaps make sure you submit in a bug report on it then, make sure to point out if you got the regular installer, the SSL Installer or if you compiled it yourself perhaps, but just make sure to exaust all options before submitting it as a program bug.
BattleStone

Post by BattleStone »

Thank you for your help, guys :) Last night, neither rehash nor restarting the server help anything. Today, I tried to rehash (reload config) and no difference. I went ahead and rebooted the server and everything worked as it should. /Oper works.

Strangely enough, rehash still does not work. Weird.

Anyways, thanks for the advice guys. I always want to exhaust all of my options before reporting anything as a bug!