Show all users connecting in a channel.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Klint

Show all users connecting in a channel.

Post by Klint »

I have a channel setup on my network where it displays all my NeoStats, and Operserv shows anytime a user uses it. But I want to see when users are connecting. I am running Anope, Unreal3.2.4 and NeoStats. Please let me know. Thanks!!!!
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Start the services using "./services -logchan" or use "/msg operserv set logchan on". And this is supposed to be in the Services forum.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Klint

Post by Klint »

I am wanting to see when users connect to my network in the channel. I already had /msg operserv set logchan on enabled. Thanks though
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Get the module called chansno
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Excuse me... but "when they connect in a channel"? That's either connect, either join a channel. For the first, to display connections in a channel, do as I said. If you want to receive server notices when someone joins a channel, do as Stealth said.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Klint

Post by Klint »

Alright lets start over
When a user connects to ANY of my servers on my network I a message to be displayed in a channel with who is connecting and what server.
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Then re-read my first post in this thread. Also, look in services.conf an uncomment LOGUSERS and set LOGCHAN, so it looks like this:

# LogChannel <channel> [OPTIONAL]
#
# When defined, services will output log messages to this channel.
# IMPORTANT: This can be a security risk so make certain this channel
# is sufficiently protected from normal access.

LogChannel "#my-secret-channel"

# ................... Some other lines

# LogUsers [OPTIONAL]
#
# Defines whether Anope will log user connections, disconnections and
# nickname changes. You may have to do so in case you ever need to
# transmit user information to your local authorities.

LogUsers

Of course, you need to change "#my-secret-channel" to whatever you want. Then, like I said, start the services using "./services -logchan" or "/msg operserv set logusers on".
DeadNotBuried

Post by DeadNotBuried »

or look at ConnectServ in NeoStats
Majestic Liaisons Adult Chat - [url=irc://irc.majestic-liaisons.com:6667]IRC[/url] , Java
Klint

Post by Klint »

NeoStats Did the trick Thanks so much! I had to Neostats load Connectserv it was uncommented in the config but I never restarted neostats thansk again!