spamfilter, case-insensivite match does not work

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
core

spamfilter, case-insensivite match does not work

Post by core »

Hi,

I,m using unreal version 3.2.5

Case-insensivite match with non-english characters (eq russian) does not work in spamfilter

for example:

/spamfilter + c kill 1d тест тест or /spamfilter + c kill 30d тест ^(i?)тест$

тест - matches
тЕст - not matches
ТЕст - not matches
ТЕСТ - not matches
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

http://bugs.unrealircd.org - go forth and report it.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Case mapping in unreal has always been US only. I believe it is documented in this way. Thats not a bug, iirc.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Just looked in the docs for it, but couldn't find it. (Looked at sections 3.14, 4.35 and the appendix on regular expressions. Must have missed something.) I will take your word for it though.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I believe it is documented with charsets, not with spamfilter, as it affects the whole IRCd.

I am told however, that TRE decides what is A/a for spamfilters, and as such this problem isnt unrealircd's and cant be fixed by unrealircd.

EDIT:

From the charset section

NOTE 2: Casemapping (if a certain lowercase character belongs to an upper one) is done according to US-ASCII, this means that o" and O" are not recognized as 'the same character' and hence someone can have a nick with B"ar and someone else BA"r at the same time. This is a limitation of the current system and IRCd standards that cannot be solved anytime soon. People should be aware of this limitation. Note that this limitation has always also been applied to channels, in which nearly all characters were always permitted and US-ASCII casemapping was always performed.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Just as I thought - I was looking in the wrong place. Thanks.