Little help with tsctl

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
ivann

Little help with tsctl

Post by ivann »

Hi,

I need a little help with the /tsctl command. I dont know how to set the timestamp.

Example:

Servidor=bb3.us.virtualife.com.br TStime=1152729342 time()=1152729342 TSoffset=0
Servidor=boss.virtualife.com.br TStime=1152729295 time()=1152729296 TSoffset=0

How can i set the /tsctl svstime ? I know its /tsctl svstime <timestamp> but I dont know how is this <timestamp>.

Thank you.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

To be honest for 2 servers to get so far out of sync requires some form of outside interferance or a bug in Unreal. For now its more likly the outside interferance in the form of maybe an NTP client on one server but not on the other.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

ivann do u know which server is actually using the correct timestamp?

you cant really edit the timestamp of servers if u dont know which one is using the correct one.
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

To use the timestamp just use /quote (or whatever send the commands to your server) tsctl svstime $ctime. $ctime will tell the server to use a timestamp of the current time.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

SpaceDoG wrote:To use the timestamp just use /quote (or whatever send the commands to your server) tsctl svstime $ctime. $ctime will tell the server to use a timestamp of the current time.
Please note to use this you need to be using an IRC client that supports the $ctime variable as im pretty sure UnrealIRCd will not interpret it.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

Jobe1986 wrote:
SpaceDoG wrote:To use the timestamp just use /quote (or whatever send the commands to your server) tsctl svstime $ctime. $ctime will tell the server to use a timestamp of the current time.
Please note to use this you need to be using an IRC client that supports the $ctime variable as im pretty sure UnrealIRCd will not interpret it.
on a side note, u`d need to do //quote or //commandhere
if u dont the mirc wont process the $ for the server to understand
/say $me = $me
//say $me = White_Magic
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D