About Connection limit 1024 - Help?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
atay

About Connection limit 1024 - Help?

Post by atay »

I want my servers maxclients value 4096.

So, i edit

/etc/security/limits.conf

and i add

chatsn hard nofile 4096
chatsn soft nofile 4096

but when i come chatsn account and i write ulimit -n

[email protected] [~/Unreal3.2]# ulimit -n
[email protected] [~/Unreal3.2]#

what is problem, i didn't found.

please help me?

(OS: CentOS 4.3)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Have you tried either logging off and logging back on or restarting the computer to make the new limits apply. As if im not mistaken they wont apply the moment you set them.
atay

Post by atay »

i found this text: "If it didn't, then your pam isn't loading the session limit module (or something else), you'll have to add a line like session required pam_limits.so to /etc/pam.d/login, /etc/pam.d/sshd, /etc/pam.d/su, and perhaps some others as well (cron???). But please be careful, since you can lock yourself out if you make a mistake, so be sure to keep 1 terminal logged in etc ;)."

so i add session required pam_limits.so to /etc/pam.d/login, /etc/pam.d/sshd, /etc/pam.d/su

but,

[email protected] [~/Unreal3.2]# ulimit -n
[email protected] [~/Unreal3.2]#

--

what server want?
atay

Post by atay »

Jobe: i close putty and again connect. so ulimit -n come 4096. now i ./Config to unreal3.2. i hope i dont see error :)

thank you
wired420

Recompile Kernel

Post by wired420 »

Have you recompiled your kernel. The default FD_SETSIZE in default compile is 1024. You must change this number in two files and recompile kernel. Else when your IRCd hits user 1025 it will crash anyways. You can find this on google if you search right.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

read!!! http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIrcd/faq/#46
this the same question and the same answer you need to get more than 1024 users.
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D