Prefixe ! and *

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
X-Trancer

Prefixe ! and *

Post by X-Trancer »

Prefixe *! and & ~ selectablly in one the next version? Or which one must change thereby one * and! has?
penna

Post by penna »

X-Trancer

Post by X-Trancer »

Iwill change this prefixe to * AND !
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Then keep in mind you will not receive support from us any longer. We do NOT support people who have modified their Unreal.
-- codemastr
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

The FAQ wrote:It is not possible to use any other symbol than & and ~, if you try it anyway you'll loose support and break other things (for example eggdrop 1.6.* has & and ~ hardcoded).
Good luck bro.
Sjef

Post by Sjef »

X-Trancer wrote:Iwill change this prefixe to * AND !
Just keep in mind that the Unreal coders now what they are doing!
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

I am with sjef on this.

The coder's are working a lot with thes kinda code's.
And they have the right not to give any support if you have modified there work.
Let me think about it
_HTH_

Post by _HTH_ »

i did run unreal ircd with *! as prefixes and believe me it works! I didn´t figure out any errors due to that! I don´t know why the unreal coders say it doesn´t work, but it does...
You should search for PREFIX_AQ in the ircd source there you´ll find how to change it.

I know that there can be problems but i never figured out some. By the way i don´t like prefixes for +aq ... i think op halfop und voice is enough anyways...

Greetz
Christian 'cg' Gayer
RTFM or DIE! :)
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

_HTH_ wrote:i did run unreal ircd with *! as prefixes and believe me it works! I didn´t figure out any errors due to that!
Wonder how hard you've been looking... :P (if the developers said don't do it, there must be a very good reason for it)
_HTH_ wrote:By the way i don´t like prefixes for +aq ... i think op halfop und voice is enough anyways...
Then just compile it without +aq prefixes.
_HTH_

Post by _HTH_ »

@ Ron2k : i am not a newbie to ircds! I know how to read manuals and how to compile IRCds ... there is no reason to tell me how :)

And yes i know that there can be problems caused by that thing, but if you run it so, it seems to do fine and normal users wouldn´t see the errors (i didn´t see them to, but that´s another point)

Greetz
Christian 'cg' Gayer
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

The only bad thing that i can imagine is if there will be a pach or smth similer.
YOUR ircD will have error's and will not have to work properly like it is doing now.
But like you sad it you are not a newbie, you can fix it.
To me, why sould i try to fix smth that othere ppl have work to make it in the state it is now ?
Ds not make sens to me!
Let me think about it
_HTH_

Post by _HTH_ »

did i say one word that i still use unreal ircd? I used it some times ago WITH that changes, and yes we didn´t see any errors, but the point is, if somebody WANTS to use it with it, he is on his own doing so! I am a friend of rfc conform ircd´s and i will NEVER use the *! thingie again, but as I said, it seems to work. Everybody who takes a look in the source can change it (by the way, god confusing *.nickname prefix last time i played with unreal 3.1.* *gg*).
And i didn´t say that i would say to somebody that he should change that!

Greetz
Christian 'cg' Gayer
Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Hi,
I'm not interested in changing the prefxes here, but i'd like to know if there is a way to disable the +aq prefixes for the Win32 version (RC2fix)? I'm unfortunatley confined to Windows for the foreseeable future, so would like to get this working.
Thanks.
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

You could, but it would require you to recompile your version of Unreal.
-- codemastr
Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Sorry, but i'm not entirley sure what that entails on a Win32 system (would make perfect sense re-compliling on *nix, though).
If you're meaning that it would require me to re-install and do some funny things to it, i'd be quite willing - if you would show me how?
Thanks. :)