Prefixe ! and *

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

codemastr is right, you can compile UnrealIRCd on Windows. To do this, first you need the *NIX version of UnrealIRCd (that is, the source code). After downloading the package, you will see a doc/compiling_win32.txt file in it, where all the required steps are written.
Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Ahh, excellent. Thanks. :mrgreen:
vebome

hmm

Post by vebome »

If you want to change your prefixes.. read _ALL_ of channel.c (Unreal3.2/src) and common.h (Unreal3.2/includes)

I changed it to '.' and it is working perfectly fine. I also congradulate you guys on making such a wonderful Internet Relay Chat daemon. The source is very cool =] (Lots of comments makes it worthwile to read and learn)

Thats all for now.

vebome
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

vebome, altering the UnrealIRCd source code is not supported by the Unreal Development Team, and discussions about such things aren't allowed here. Consult the FAQ for more information.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

This is getting a bit out of hand *lock* ;)

And yes, there's a reason it didn't become '.', '*' or something like that. I even (graphically) liked some of the other symbols more, but for technical reasons they cause conflicts. Hence, we use & and ~... and I must say, I don't have a problem with them anymore.. I'm used to them :).