How-to check-out certain bugfix from your CVS repository?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
core

How-to check-out certain bugfix from your CVS repository?

Post by core »

For example, I'm need to checkout diff, in which this (http://bugs.unrealircd.org/view.php?id=3077) bug is fixed, before next official version of unreal is released, how i can do that (in *NIX)?
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

The process is similar to that described here, with two differences:
1) You use 'devel' in place of 'unreal3_2_fixes' after the -r switch if you want the 3.3 devel branch. (Though I strongly discourage use of devel branch on a real network.)
2) To my knowledge, there are no nightly builds for the devel branch ;) .
core

Post by core »

aquanight wrote:The process is similar to that described here, with two differences:
1) You use 'devel' in place of 'unreal3_2_fixes' after the -r switch if you want the 3.3 devel branch. (Though I strongly discourage use of devel branch on a real network.)
2) To my knowledge, there are no nightly builds for the devel branch ;) .
yes, but it will checkout all files,

is there way to checkout only diff? for example i want to patch some specific bug in ircd's that are running in out network, that you allready fixed, but before version 3.2.6 will come out...
Jason

Post by Jason »

This will most likely not be possible.

You want to apply one fix. This would be done by diffing the files before and after the fix, and applying the patch. The problem is that the file before was still ahead of your version, so the patch will most likely not apply cleanly, or not work, on an older version of UnrealIRCd. If it is crucial to you, consider fixing the bug yourself on Unreal3.2.5.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Stoebi

Post by Stoebi »

Hi,

is the cvs server down at the moment?
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/home/cmunk/ircsystems/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/home/cmunk/ircsystems/cvsroot
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.ircsystems.net(63.168.242.230):2401 failed: Connection refused
:~/irc # cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/home/cmunk/ircsystems/cvsroot co -r unreal3_2_fixes -d Unreal3.2 unreal
cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.ircsystems.net(63.168.242.230):2401 failed: Connection refused
:~/irc #

Edit:
Is working again :)

Regards, Stoebi