max global user count changed when linking

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
csc2ya

max global user count changed when linking

Post by csc2ya »

I'm running two servers using unreal 3.2.5 that are part of a network of about 7 servers altogether, including services.

The names of my servers are tech.chatnsn.co.uk and hub.chatnsn.co.uk.

I'm getting a strange message when my hub links up with my other server:

[17:43] -tech.chatnsn.co.uk- *** Notice -- Max Global Count is now 170 (set by link hub.chatnsn.co.uk)
-
[17:43] -tech.chatnsn.co.uk- *** Notice -- Link hub.chatnsn.co.uk -> tech.chatnsn.co.uk is now synced [secs: 5 recv: 4.969 sent: 0.657]

However, I cannot find where the server is getting the 170 value from. Both servers have the following in their conf files:

class clients
{
pingfreq 90;
maxclients 1000;
sendq 100000;
recvq 8000;
};

So surely it should set the global value to 1000, if it changes it at all.

Any ideas what's causing the above mentioned message?
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

It's not an error message. Everything is perfectly normal.

"Max Global Count" means the total number of connections the server had. "maxclients" means the total number the server supports.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
csc2ya

Post by csc2ya »

Ah yes...I should have realized that actually as the old software I was using had a max user count which was the total amount of poepe that had connected so far.

So I assume what's happening is when the server that my hub runs on boots up and the server links up, it's getting the highest number of previously connected users from one of the other servers so that number would be the same on all servers network wide.

I just basically wanted to check that my hub wasn't adjusting the max allowed user count on all the servers, but I can now see that it isn't.

Thanks for your help...and for the quick response 8)