i have a big problem.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
cculha

i have a big problem.

Post by cculha »

i have an ircd network. my oses are freebsd and i am using unreal3.2.5

i have 1 hub and a lot of leaf.

my hıb server is irc.abc.net
ex: i connect my 3 leaf to my hub. it is everything oK.

i am entering in the hub and write /squit leaf1.abc.net or /squit leaf1.* and after that leaf1 left from my network.

after that when i write /connect leaf1.* , it connects but in that time the other leafs says:

[13:47] -irc.abc.net- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from leaf2.abc.net[] -- Server leaf1.abc.net already exists from irc.abc.net

they says the server which i lefted from server is still on server. and they squit in that time.

Did you understand?

i squit a link and re connect a link, in that time other links says the link is already connected on irc.. and we are squiting. and they close the connection.

What is my problem?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The problem is that as you quite rightly said the leaf still thinks its connected to the hub. This is because either the leaf didnt actually receive the SQUIT message or didnt associate it with the hub server so as far as the leaf is concerned the connection is still established. You shouldnt have to wait for long before the leaf should register the disconnection to itself a sa ping timeout.
cculha

Post by cculha »

you said: "You shouldnt have to wait for long before the leaf should register the disconnection to itself a sa ping timeout."

how much time should i wait to re connect?
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

cculha have you tried doing a /map to see what servers are connected?
cculha

Post by cculha »

my friend! i know it! my problem is : i do a squit after that i do /connect when i do connect my other leaf servers says there is already a link and they gone.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

cculha make sure that your hub doesn't have auto-connect enabled and be sure to rehash it after you edit the config. Also you can run /map and it will tell you where the leaf is connected to because it might not be connecting to your main hub.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

How long you need to wait depends on the ping frequency in the class block used by the servers link block.

The alternative is youll have to get an oper on the leaf to /squit the hub even though its actually already disconnected. The reason for this is so you can tell the leaf that the hub has been disconnected.
cculha

Post by cculha »

i am sure all my leaf servers connecting to the main hub. i squit one leaf and i want to reconnect it. But the other leaf servers says there is already. (Not hub says anything) The new server connects but the old leafs quit.
cculha

Post by cculha »

i squit a leaf from my hub and reconnect it. in that time another leaf said it is already and quit. after that i use the /connect command with the quitten leaf, in that time the other leaf said it is already it has gone. one by one. they says it is already. i can't connect both of them. i can only by restarting hub..
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

cculha I understand all of that but you should still run a /map after you SQUIT the leaf. It will help you out greatly.
cculha

Post by cculha »

i found the problem. i do squit from hub. and after that i went into another leaf. it says the squit message but i write /map , the squitten server is still there!!!! Why?? I squitted it? But it is still there? Why it is? When it will remove in there? How can do it faster.?? What is it?
cculha

Post by cculha »

somebody help. i am still writing /map. The squitten server still here. How can i delete it? why doesn't it quitten or deleted from leafs's list?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

As i said above to get rid of it /squit it. That is /squit it from the server that still thinks its connected. Not from the server it still thinks its conencted to.
cculha

Post by cculha »

yes i know. i found the problem. how can i fix it. i want : when i do squit all the servers see the squiting. thank you.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

cculha all of the servers do see it. What's happening is a server you think is a leaf is actually a hub so the server you want to get rid of is configured to connect to the server that it connects to. All you have to do is login to the server that the server you are trying to get rid of is connected to and /squit it from there. I'll give you a little demo below. You want to get rid of Leaf 2

/map from Hub 1
Hub1
-Leaf1
-Leaf2
-Leaf3(which is really a hub)

/squit Leaf1 while on Hub1

/map from Hub1
Hub1
-Leaf2
-Leaf3
--Leaf1

/squit leaf1 while on Leaf3