Help with opering up...

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Pomicio

Help with opering up...

Post by Pomicio »

Ok I went through almost 20 pages of topics, and still havnt found the answer. I think i have tried just about everything. Anyways, When I try to oper up, i receive this message:

'No O-lines for your host'

And then when i restart the IRCD i receive this message:

[Tue Nov 21 00:11:23 2006] - OPER NOHOSTMATCH (Pomicio) by (Pomicio![email protected])

The code i have is as follows:

Code: Select all

oper Pomicio { 
        class           clients; 
        from { 
                userhost *@*; 
                userhost *@localhost; 
        }; 
        password "3Bo9d0faP3YVo" { crypt; }; 
        flags { 
                netadmin; 
                can_addline; 
                can_dccdeny; 
                can_die; 
                can_gkline; 
                can_gzline; 
                can_override; 
                can_restart; 
                can_zline; 
                get_umodew; 
        }; 
};
I have tried to change the host name to Pomicio![email protected] and [email protected]
and it still doesnt work, any ideas??
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

remove userhost *@localhost; and that will fix your issue. You can set userhost *@*; to userhost Ddd@*.neo.res.rr.com if you want for increased security.
Pomicio

Post by Pomicio »

SpaceDoG wrote:remove userhost *@localhost; and that will fix your issue. You can set userhost *@*; to userhost Ddd@*.neo.res.rr.com if you want for increased security.
Here is my new code:

Code: Select all

oper Pomicio { 
        class           clients; 
        from { 
                userhost *@*; 
        }; 
        password "PASSWORD" { crypt; }; 
        flags { 
                netadmin; 
                can_addline; 
                can_dccdeny; 
                can_die; 
                can_gkline; 
                can_gzline; 
                can_override; 
                can_restart; 
                can_zline; 
                get_umodew; 
        }; 
}; 
And it still does the same thing...
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

1. Save the new config
2. Rehash the server
3. Disconnect, and reconnect (or //mode $me -o | timer 1 2 oper name password)
4. Remember that oper names and passwords are case-sensitive
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

SpaceDoG wrote:remove userhost *@localhost; and that will fix your issue. You can set userhost *@*; to userhost Ddd@*.neo.res.rr.com if you want for increased security.
That wont stop you oper'ing all the time at least one userhost matches your current configuration. Many oper blocks have multiple userhost lines to allow oper'ing from various hosts. I can also verify that multiple userhost lines are perfectly valid as i use them myself.

The oper block in this thread appears to be correct so the problem lies with either the server not being rehashed or an error elsewhere in the servers config causing the rehash to fail and causing the config changes to be ignored.
Pomicio

Post by Pomicio »

Jobe1986 wrote:
That wont stop you oper'ing all the time at least one userhost matches your current configuration. Many oper blocks have multiple userhost lines to allow oper'ing from various hosts. I can also verify that multiple userhost lines are perfectly valid as i use them myself.

The oper block in this thread appears to be correct so the problem lies with either the server not being rehashed or an error elsewhere in the servers config causing the rehash to fail and causing the config changes to be ignored.
Ok, I actually forgot about the whole rehashing thing. But the reason I forgot about it is because I'm not really that sure how to rehash the server when I don't have IRCop Access. I'm almost 100% positive that you can rehash the server from the shell, but I don't know how to do that.
Pomicio

Post by Pomicio »

I figured it out. Thank you guys so much for all your help :)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

For the reference of other users you can rehash UnrealIRCd from the command line using ./unreal rehash or you can restart it using ./unreal restart