Only IrcOp can use a ssl Conection

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
DerPate

Only IrcOp can use a ssl Conection

Post by DerPate »

Hello
i'm not new at this stuff but now i have a problem can't deal with my self and serching forums so know i post it here. I try to get only opers can use a ssl conection when the get access on thier o:line i knew that you can conect on the ssl port at startup but that i didn't like because some ops at my network arn't abel to setup thier clients so i wan't to deal this way so guys please help don't let me down

best regards DerPate
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

If I read that correctly, you want opers to connect normally and then switch to SSL with the /oper?

If that is the case, it cannot be done. If you need a secure connection you need to connect with one, people cannot be switched over once the connection is made, unless they reconnect.
DerPate

Post by DerPate »

ok thanlks for the fast replay i've just heard form an other network he has a ssl conection only for the ircops how can i set it in the listn block and soory for the stupid question
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

The only way to allow only opers to use SSL, is to not tell users what port is SSL. Unreal has no way of knowing who is an oper and who isn't when they connect.
DerPate

Post by DerPate »

thank you for the fast replay and the good anser
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

when i try to get a SSL Connection, i put a "z" in the modes on oper in the unreal config. but the new unreal wont let me use "z"
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The reason for that BigBen is because +zshould ONLY be givern to users who are actually connecting through an SSL tunnel (to an SSL port) and not users who are priviledged.
GhosT

Post by GhosT »

What is the use of allowing SSL connection for OPER only? :P