+r

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
frozen

+r

Post by frozen »

Is it possible to set +r on a nick without services?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

A nick cant be registered without services so what would be the point in marking a nick as registered when there are no services to register it with?

Secondly there isnt a way without the help of a module of some kind.
frozen

Post by frozen »

There are a few people on my network only there for me, would like them to be able to +R so they don't have to see all the other nonsense there. Was just an idea but it sounds like it will be more work then pay off (allowing opers to set themself +r)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

You could just run services and disallow registrations to non opers. Anope has a module to do that iirc.
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

I am too lazy to check, but maybe you can try "U:Line user" module written by AngryWolf. After you are U:Lined you can act as services (100% you can set +r mode to channel, I don't rememer about +r'ing users).
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

yes the ULine user module by Angrywolf will work. I use it here and there to test things and play with Unreal and pretend to be services. The only thing about it is that you don't want to change your nick when you do because you will be disconnected. It is also not good to give it to your oper because it gives them 100% control over users.