How to enable Channels with '+' as prefix? (modeless)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
java-koch

How to enable Channels with '+' as prefix? (modeless)

Post by java-koch »

Hello,
I have installed and configured UnrealIRCD on a windows pc. In the documentation I cannot find anything about channels that begin with a plus sign, like +test, as described in RFC 2811.
I need these channels for an online game, and the linux version of ircd supports these channels.

Text from RFC 2811:
Channels with '+' as prefix do not support channel modes. This means that all the modes are unset, with the exception of the 't' channel flag which is set.

When I connect to my local UnrealIRCD and type "/join +test" I get an error "No such channel (+test)", and it does not create the channel.

Any Idea?

Regards, KK
[dx]

Post by [dx] »

What about /join #test
java-koch

Post by java-koch »

/join #test does work and creates the channel #test. But I need a channel +test. These +channels do not support modes and do not have an operator, so all users are equal.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Unreal is not RFC 2811 compliant, so it is not supported. RFC 2811 is not a standard IRC protocol, so not very many servers support it.
java-koch

Post by java-koch »

OK, thank you for your reply.
Is there a way to create some 'standard' channels on the server that are always there and where no-one else can be operator?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Option 1) Join an eggdrop or other bot and deop it
Option 2) Use services to register the channel and set the channels founder to a dummy user that nobody uses.

If you take option 2 then you might want to look at the official-channels block for listing the channels in /list when theyre empty.