is anything missing

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
YonderBoY

is anything missing

Post by YonderBoY »

hi, maybe im wrong or i don't know that exist, but i thing spamfiler missing like channel list to alow/denny spam, lets say i have network with 200 channels and i want to monitor only one channel and not everyone, and i did not saw there any chan/user mode like badwords +G have,
Correct me if im wrong
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Hmm, but why do you want to 'monitor' only specific channels? Viruses can spread in every channels, can't they?
YonderBoY

Post by YonderBoY »

heh ok lets say:

spamfilter {
regex "irc.anything.net"
target channel;
reason "Spamming is not alowed here";
action kill;
};

so, like some channels have welcome bots etc welcome to irc.anything.net or rules, then they get killed :)

spamfilter is not only for viruses is't it? :arrow:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

YonderBoY wrote:spamfilter {
regex "irc.anything.net"
target channel;
reason "Spamming is not alowed here";
action kill;
};
Why not try a more better spamfilter regex.
For example: im in your server and i am trying to get ppl in my server.
Im saying to ppl "connect to my server irc.anything.net is more faster and i have more ppl who you can chat with, this server suck's".
Privat msg or notices this dos not matter here.

Now on your unrealircd.conf/spamfliter.conf try to put this.
regex "connect * irc.anything.net";

This will rule out any welcome msg that the channel give's.
Ex: "welcome to the irc.anything.net server"
Sins there is no "connect" in this msg the user will not be killed.
Try to experiment with this option.

YonderBoY,
Pershendetje.
Let me think about it
YonderBoY

Post by YonderBoY »

ROFL
DeadNotBuried

Post by DeadNotBuried »

personally i'm sticking to a modified version of angywolf's adwords for general spam, and will be looking into adding the spamfilters for the rest later, would be nice to know if adwords works ok on rc2 though before i upgrade to rc2
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Well, for bugs/suggestions go to http://bugs.unrealircd.org/

[oh not @ specific channels, coz no we won't do that.. it's to catch spam, as others mentioned.. use strict filters, not broad... But other suggestions for spamfilter]
none

Post by none »

haha,
[oh not @ specific channels, coz no we won't do that.. it's to catch spam, as others mentioned.. use strict filters, not broad... But other suggestions for spamfilter]
Unreal realy looks like bunch of modules and nothing is compatibile with each other module.. and it seem Unreal head coders dont like standards of IRCd's, "for my opinion Unreal now is realy dedicated for smal networks like 1-5 channels" :arrow:

CF
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

To none: I think the problem is rather with you, not with UnrealIRCd. Think before you say anything.
To DeadNotBuried: of course, it should work with RC2. If not, then that's a bug. But what's your problem with the spamfilters? The same as YonderBoY's? Possibly try bugs.unrealircd.org.
DeadNotBuried

Post by DeadNotBuried »

i don't have a problem with the unreal spamfilters, personally i think it's great to see it in the ircd the way it is so as to stop viri.trojans etc being spread.

i like adwords though for other other reasons, as it gives more flexibilty to set things up the way i want to on my server, and with the modifications i've made it suits my purposes perfectly for general spam that aren't viri/trojans, eg removing spam from quit messages etc
none

Post by none »

well i did not say anything bad about Unrealircd, Unreal is just like it is :!: , when you say spamfilter "spam" mean no advertising or no spaming not virus protection, the virus protection can be done by another way of coding and not msg. matching words....
:arrow:
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Ok, that's enough of this. The purpose of this forum is for people to post spam filters, not to receive support with the spamfilter system, and not to decide whether you like the system or not.
-- codemastr