Spam Filter Removal

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
MiNdErAsR

Spam Filter Removal

Post by MiNdErAsR »

When trying to remove a spamfilter it gives a global notice, but apparently only removes locally. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I'm unable to reproduce that here (tried A-B and A-B-C network style).
As you probably know you can only add/remove global spamfilters, not the ones that are from spamfilter config blocks...
Anyway if you believe this is a bug, please report it at http://bugs.unrealircd.org/ perhaps also include some details on how you are linked, versions of servers (Are they all RC2?), etc...

MiNdErAsR

Post by MiNdErAsR »

My apologies, I should have provided more info from the start. All servers are version Unreal3.2-RC2fix. A few admins had added spamfilter lines remotely (via /spamfilter blah). However we've come to find a few false positives caught up among actual spams. Whether this was due to faulty or perhaps too broad of a filter I'm not sure, but we thought it best to remove them for the time being.
Use: /spamfilter [add|del|remove|+|-] [type] [action] [tkltime] [reason] [regex]
Does "del", "remove", and "-" all perform the same task, or maybe remove is local? This is the command I used to lift the set filters. Since a global snotice was issued, I assumed it was a global removal. However /stats f server* showed the same spamfilter lines still in place, yet /stats f came up empty on my own server.

I hope this all makes sense. :) Thanks for responding.
pak

Post by pak »

I would imagine that the filters that you are seeing on other servers are included in their configuration file, and as such cannot be removed by /spamfilter

The filters that appear in the conf files are local to that server