Empty channel = autoop...

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
StrangeWill

Empty channel = autoop...

Post by StrangeWill »

I'm having a few issues setting up a server, one of the major ones is that when I enter an empty channel, the user that enters first is automatically an operator, how do I prevent this from happening? I want a common channel, but I don't want someone to just wander in at 1am and be an operator all day...

Secondly, when logging in with a password, I can't seem to gain operator status here is my operator info:

Code: Select all

oper StrangeWill {
	class           clients;
	from {
		userhost *;
	};
	password "password";
	flags
	{
		netadmin;
		global;
		can_rehash;
		can_die;
		can_restart;
		helpop Oper;
		can_wallops;
		can_globops;
		can_localroute;
		can_globalroute;
		can_localkill;
		can_globalkill;
		can_kline;
		can_unkline;
		can_gkline;
		can_localnotice;
		can_globalnotice;
		can_zline;
		can_gkline;
		can_gzline;
		get_umodew;
		get_host;
		can_override;
	};
	swhois	"This person sees everything you do";
	snomask	kcFfjvGenq;
};

Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Empty channel = autoop...

Post by Jobe »

To gain oper priviledges you need to use "/oper <user> <pass>" where <user> and <pass> can be found in the oper block.

To prevent users who join empty channels gaining @ try the "Deop on Join" module from the modules site (click the lil Image to download the .tar file which you will need to either rename to .tar or extract as is using "tar")
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
StrangeWill

Post by StrangeWill »

Jobe1986 wrote:To gain oper priviledges you need to use "/oper <user> <pass>" where <user> and <pass> can be found in the oper block.

To prevent users who join empty channels gaining @ try the "Deop on Join" module from the modules site (click the lil Image to download the .tar file which you will need to either rename to .tar or extract as is using "tar")
Dang, isn't working, says file doesn't exist on the server... can't find it anywhere else right now...

Is there a way to register the channel so it doesn't auto-op?
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

You want to get a services package like Anope or IRCServices. Those will allow you and your users to register channels and give ops to registered users.