Where am i going wrong

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
earlobes

Where am i going wrong

Post by earlobes »

I have been all over the help files and my server config looks good but yet it will not start. if anyone can tell me where i'm going wrog i would be very thankfull

Service.log

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
[error] Couldn't open "unrealircd.conf": No such file or directory
[error] Could not load config file unrealircd.conf
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load

unrealircd.conf

[** moderator: removed paste of XX kb config file **]
Gizmo967

Post by Gizmo967 »

Is your unrealircd.conf in ../Unreal3.2/docs/ or ../Unreal3.2/ folder?
It has to be in Unreal3.2 folder...
earlobes

Post by earlobes »

/unreal3.2/
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

In Explorer, do this:

Tools Menu, Folder Options

View Tab

In the bottom frame (with all the folders and checkboxes and what-not), there is checkbox labeled "Hide extensions for known file types." Make sure it is unchecked. Then check your "unrealircd.conf" again.

When this checkbox is checked, it results in a very annoying "feature" that M$ thought was good for the average Windows user. Unfortunately, in Unreal's case, it catches some users unaware and in "odd" situations: your unrealircd.conf is really unrealircd.conf.txt, even though explorer hides the .txt part of the extension (by default, silly Microsoft :P ). This is further contributed by a "feature" in Notepad: if you enter a filename in the Save As dialog that doesn't end in .txt, Notepad will sneak in the .txt extension! You can avoid this in the future by either enclosing the filename in quotes in the Save As Dialog, or setting the Save As Type to All Files (*.*).