There is no REHASH

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
unix4linux

Re: There is no REHASH

Post by unix4linux »

That's correct, I could not use the /oper command at all. I would get "no such command" everytime. I just recompiled and transferring my config files...lets see what happens now
Casper

Post by Casper »

Kinda curious now...
Ex Network-Administrator
unix4linux

Post by unix4linux »

Recompile made everything worked!!!...finally...I did use my same unrealircd.conf files and rules and motd files

Thanks so much for the help :-)

one interesting thing is that pidgin irc and finch and naim irc don't seem to support /oper...only xchat...so i'll stick with xchat...before xchat didn't want to work at all. i liked finch and naim because it's text-based

interested in knowing what irc client you guys are using
Casper

Post by Casper »

Well, I use mIRC as I chat on Windows based computers (my server is running on Linux btw). The thing I don't 'like' with Xchat is the fact that it hasn't multiserver support. I don't know pidgin IRC nor naim IRC, but if it's some kind of applet, you can't oper yourself up, but I'm not sure about that. I know that a Java applet won't allow you to oper up.
Ex Network-Administrator
unix4linux

Post by unix4linux »

Ok, so I tried pidgin and finch and naim on both linux and windows...none seems to like a lot of the commands like /oper and /rehash for example.

I then tried mIRC on windows and xchat on linux. mIRC seems to support everyyyyyyyyyy single command. xchat supports /oper but not /rehash. In fact, /rehash doesn't even return any output when I execute it. It just goes through and doesn't reload anything but it doesn't fail with "no such command"...I believe xchat just doesn't show "no such command" if it doesn't work.

So, this sucks if I am stuck having to use mIRC since I run linux. I am trying mIRC on a virtual machine running windows under linux...sighhhh :-\
Casper

Post by Casper »

I've downloaded XChat on my Linux box and I don't have any problems using /rehash. Where did you download it? I've downloaded the official one I believe: can't remember anymore. I haven't used it anymore for ages...
Ex Network-Administrator
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Casper wrote:The thing I don't 'like' with Xchat is the fact that it hasn't multiserver support.
So why can I use xchat on more then one server at a time?
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
unix4linux

Post by unix4linux »

Ok, xchat is working fine now with all commands...I guess I just needed to restart my server for some odd reason???...oh well...things are good...thanks again for all the help guys
Casper

Post by Casper »

Jobe1986 wrote:
Casper wrote:The thing I don't 'like' with Xchat is the fact that it hasn't multiserver support.
So why can I use xchat on more then one server at a time?
Then I've missed something :)
Ex Network-Administrator
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Not sure about *nix versions of xchat, but as far as I know they support multi server too. In the "XChat" menu, click "new" then "server tab". Or you can press Ctrl+T to open a new server tab. :)
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Casper

Post by Casper »

Thanks alot! :mrgreen:
Ex Network-Administrator
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Jobe1986 wrote:Not sure about *nix versions of xchat, but as far as I know they support multi server too. In the "XChat" menu, click "new" then "server tab". Or you can press Ctrl+T to open a new server tab. :)
The only difference in the precompiled win32 version and *nix version is windows specific bug fixes. If you use a 3rd party compiled version like silverex's for example it's a win32 binary compiled from the same src as the *nix version.