Permission Denied?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
NeoX

Permission Denied?

Post by NeoX »

Yes Hello, I am getting this weird error that I never have seen before.

[error] Unable to create file 'tmp/1726A44F.commands.dll': Permission denied
* unrealircd.conf:113: loadmodule modules/commands.dll: failed to load: Failed to copy module file.

Can anybody help me with this?
Spectre

Re: Permission Denied?

Post by Spectre »

NeoX,

You are going to have to be a bit more specific here. We need more information, like what OS are you using, what version of Unrealircd you have and so on. Please let us know so we may help you.

Spectre
NeoX

Post by NeoX »

My Os: Is Windows Vista, and Unreal version is 3.2.7. Also this is the first time im getting this error, I have set up unreal before on my old computer. Do you need to know anything else?
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

NeoX,

There are a few things you need to do to get it to run correctly;

1. You must be and Administrator or have adminstrator right to begin with.
2. Add yourself as administrator to the unrealircd folder.
3. In the unrealircd folder find unreal.exe and wircd.exe, right click on them select properties and make sure you add yourself in the secturity tab as having full control for those files.
4. While still in properties click on the compatability tab and select "Run this program in compatability mode for" and make sure Windows XP SP2 is selected and then click "Run this program as an administrator" is checked in the Privilage Level box.
5. Next, make a copy of all you .conf files and place them in a seperate temp folder.
6. Go into your firewall and make sure all the ports that you have listed in the unreal conf are added to it as bi-directional.
7. Once that's done (This may sound silly but it is what I had to do) restall unrealircd and make sure you select it as a service. (I always ran it as a service)
8. Copy back your .conf files back to the unrealircd folder. Once that's done. Shut down the PC and wait a couple minutes.
9. Restart the PC, if all went well then unrealircd should be working. Check "services" to make sure.

Please let us know if it is working correctly.

Spectre