Flood blocking by the server

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
FNdanielNL

Flood blocking by the server

Post by FNdanielNL »

I saw that it is possible to block flood by the server.

That if somebody is flooding, for example only the first 5 lines will be send and that the others will be blocked.

Can somebody explain how this works and how to fix this?

Example:
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
irc.server.com Messages have been blocked (No Flooding)
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Flood blocking by the server

Post by Jobe »

That would most likly be a module. Unfortunatly I am unaware of such a modules availablity. Sorry.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

maybe something like this but dunno how it works:

/spamfilter cN block - No_Flooding_Please regex

#channel Message blocked: No Flooding Please

But it issnt complete because i dont know how to add when he activates,for example he activates if a user types 5 lines in 15 secs
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Try setting mode:

+f 5:15
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

ok yea but then it would be this: +f [5m]:15, But issnt it possible to get this per user and not for the full channel :S
Casper

Post by Casper »

How would you like to do that in that case?? Then you should be in every channel (which aren't all yours, I think) and watching them to see if anyone is possibly flooding. After that you have to issue a command. If you got like 100 robots in a chan flooding, I wish you luck, because that's not going to work then.
Ex Network-Administrator
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

Casper wrote:How would you like to do that in that case?? Then you should be in every channel (which aren't all yours, I think) and watching them to see if anyone is possibly flooding. After that you have to issue a command. If you got like 100 robots in a chan flooding, I wish you luck, because that's not going to work then.
you dont understandit at all... The flood protection is for every single user on the network. Its ment that users cant send more ten 5 rules to a channel whitin 15 seconds. And thats why i want that the server is doing this so it can be in a all created channels. And this has nothing todo whit owning the channels. BTW me has the final rights of the entire network, and can overrule everything. So owned channels are saying me nothing :P
Casper

Post by Casper »

In case you can't code a module yourself, it will come down to chanmode +f. Chanfouders, in my opinion, should be able to set and unset modes and should be able to paste for example a headline of a paper they've seen on the net, at their demand. Anyway, I want wish you luck with your search to your needs, Sir.
BTW me has the final rights of the entire network, and can overrule everything. So owned channels are saying me nothing
You probably wouldn't mind if I stayed away??
Ex Network-Administrator
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

Casper wrote:
BTW me has the final rights of the entire network, and can overrule everything. So owned channels are saying me nothing
You probably wouldn't mind if I stayed away??
No i dont mind :P but it issnt as bad as it sounds. Its more like if there is something at a channel that is breaking the aup. Then i dont care if it is my channel or not. However the network does not allow channels where can be spammed so yea i see it as a right to block this floods global. However got already 2 other netadmins working on it :P
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I see some possibly unnoticed confusion here...
Stealth said +f 5:15, which is [5t]:15, and not [5m]:15 as you (FNdanielNL) might seem to think.
the 't' one is per-user (5 in 15s, if more then the user is kicked), the 'm' one is for locking down the channel and counts all messages. Neither one applies to chanops, but that's good.
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

would /spamfilter add c block - Please_do_not_Flood! [5t]:15 work?
Casper

Post by Casper »

<dutch>Nee, natuurlijk niet... Als dat het was geweest, was de oplossing allang naar voren gekomen.</dutch>

Translation: No, ofcourse not. If that would be it, the solution would be given by now.
(Sorry, couldn't leave it.)
Ex Network-Administrator
FNdanielNL

Post by FNdanielNL »

I can understand English Thank you Very much >.<
Casper

Post by Casper »

Glad to hear it ;)

How about staying on topic ? :)
Ex Network-Administrator